• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jered Weaver: "I am definitely NOT retiring."

Richard

1 hour ago, Oz27 said:

Surely he has been trying to do that already. This didn't come out of the blue, it has been gradually happening for years. You'd think he has tried everything he can to stop it.

According to you ... he's a drunk and a raving lunatic. Unless, you were talking about yourself?

Angels will give Weaver a look ... there's a lot of intangibles Weaver brings to the table. Although, Eppler is running the show ... so there's not much of a attachment there. 

Weaver and Wilson both would like to stay in SoCal one would think. Angels need depth but at what cost? I think they will see what other options are available to them before they consider either of them. Of course they may be gone by then. 

Weaver will get a one year deal around $5M w/incentives and a team option somewhere. I hope Doc doesn't read this :) 

5 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

I could see Jered winning comeback of the year with the Rangers, Mariners or even the Dodgers. And by June, I'd be reading all the whining about how Epp blew it by letting him go.

Instead, sign him for a year if he'll accept it. Don't overpay, but don't insult him by low-balling. Put in incentives. If you have to cut him by July, you won't owe him that much.

this is a terrible idea. he's a shadow of a major league starter. just let the guy go and let him determine his future.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Jered spends the offseason getting in shape, working out his lower body, adding some muscle I could see him adding as much as 3 or 4 mph to his fastball, which would easily make him an effective mid rotation starter. The question has to be about his motivation to put in that extra work, and just how much it will pay off.

He's either tried that or he hasn't.  It either didn't work or he doesn't want to do it.  

Here is something I think people can relate to.  He allowed an .862 ops this year.  

He's clearly done, but no we don't have enough better in house options.  I'd much rather go into next season with Weaver as our number 5 or long man out of the pen than Daniel Wright.  We have no idea if Richards will be back.  Seriously who are our five better in house options for next year?  And don't forget it takes about ten starters to make it through a season. I'd offer him 1 year and $6 million or so.  How many starts did he miss this year, one?  

Richards, Skaggs, Shoemaker, Nolasco, Meyer, Chacin, Wright, Oberholtzer, Smith, Kendrick, Wilson?

Weaver would probably be 6th on the depth chart there. I don't think having him makes a huge difference either way. We have plenty of depth. It's just shitty depth. Weaver just packs the shit a little deeper.

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Richards, Skaggs, Shoemaker, Nolasco, Meyer, Chacin, Wright, Oberholtzer, Smith, Kendrick, Wilson?

Weaver would probably be 6th on the depth chart there. I don't think having him makes a huge difference either way. We have plenty of depth. It's just shitty depth. Weaver just packs the shit a little deeper.

4-10 is the issue if Richards is healthy.  A couple of 1yr deals and it's a capable rotation.  Maybe not good, but adding a 2bman and LFer as well as a couple of pen arms and it's not a total lost cause health permitting.  

17 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You're still trolling ... see previous post. It only means you care :)

Listen, you've trolled Oz long enough unchecked, now you're attributing opinions to him he never had, just to troll him some more.  You've been asked both publicly and through PM to stop trolling him.  The choice is yours TD.  

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Richards, Skaggs, Shoe are all question marks heading into next season as is Meyers.  Smith has never pitched in the majors, Ober is awful, Kendrick and Wilson didn't pitch in the majors this year.