• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jered Weaver: "I am definitely NOT retiring."

Richard

he can help some team next year -- long past the ace of the rotation status guy to be sure -- but still has shown in the second half here that he can be a serviceable starter for some team.......I think he'd be a good 4th/ 5th rotation guy for the Halos.........sign him to a one year incentive laden contact with a club option and buy clause for a plus one option year.

one plus one club option - incentive laded re Games Started, Games Pitched, IP -- I mean are the Halos going to be big contenders in 2017? 

55 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

As anybody bothered checking his peripherals

They paint a pretty ugly picture..   Pretty much career worsts or close to in just about every category.  Career high H/9, HR/9 and K/W ratio.  Second worst K/9 ever 5.2, just ahead of last year's 5.1.  Career worst RAA and WAA.  

There is nothing in his peripherals that fills anyone with confidence.

I could see Jered winning comeback of the year with the Rangers, Mariners or even the Dodgers. And by June, I'd be reading all the whining about how Epp blew it by letting him go.

Instead, sign him for a year if he'll accept it. Don't overpay, but don't insult him by low-balling. Put in incentives. If you have to cut him by July, you won't owe him that much.

If Jered spends the offseason getting in shape, working out his lower body, adding some muscle I could see him adding as much as 3 or 4 mph to his fastball, which would easily make him an effective mid rotation starter. The question has to be about his motivation to put in that extra work, and just how much it will pay off.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They paint a pretty ugly picture..   Pretty much career worsts or close to in just about every category.  Career high H/9, HR/9 and K/W ratio.  Second worst K/9 ever 5.2, just ahead of last year's 5.1.  Career worst RAA and WAA.  

There is nothing in his peripherals that fills anyone with confidence.

I was kidding but good to know. To be honest, I don't even know what peripheral means regarding baseball or any of those saber things. Lol

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Jered spends the offseason getting in shape, working out his lower body, adding some muscle I could see him adding as much as 3 or 4 mph to his fastball, which would easily make him an effective mid rotation starter. The question has to be about his motivation to put in that extra work, and just how much it will pay off.

BINGO

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Surely he has been trying to do that already. This didn't come out of the blue, it has been gradually happening for years. You'd think he has tried everything he can to stop it.