• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

It's a Holliday

has had quite a bit of DL time the past two years.

gonna want a big contract for a very uncertain Immediate (like 2017) future.

Halos have enough older guys with big contracts either on their team and/or on their payroll. I say pass on Holliday.

Interestingly, it was the Cards signing Holliday to that huge multi-year contract the year BEFORE Pujols' contract was up that pretty much resulted in Pujols walking and signing with the Angels -- the money that could have been spent on keeping/ extending Pujols in St. Louis was instead spent on Holliday.

Holliday has not had an AB in almost two months -- he's off the DL (just off the DL yesterday, I think) -- he PH in today's Cards must win game vs. Pittsburgh and hit a pinch single that sparked the Cards' comeback rally..........

Holliday still has a strong and capable bat at his age. With recent years' injuries, it would be wise to advertise himself as a DH, to which he could probably play another 3-4 years for an AL team with a decent contract. The problem with the Angels signing him is that Pujols is parked there for next 5 years, and Albert ain't going a nowhere !  

On a short deal yes I wouldn't hesitate to put him in LF. He has had serious BABIP issues this year and that could easily be do to injury, although it could also be age related.

Either way he has excellent OBP against both sides of the plate over his career and would make a lot of sense in our lineup in multiple spots. Ability to take a walk doesn't just disappear usually.

9 minutes ago, ettin said:

On a short deal yes I wouldn't hesitate to put him in LF. He has had serious BABIP issues this year and that could easily be do to injury, although it could also be age related.

Either way he has excellent OBP against both sides of the plate over his career and would make a lot of sense in our lineup in multiple spots. Ability to take a walk doesn't just disappear usually.

Albert Pujols.

30 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

Albert Pujols.

Yes but that was primarily due to him moving from an all fields line drive approach to purposely hitting for power. Go look at his season by season numbers and you'll see his BABIP dropped overall but his HR totals still showed up. I actually don't like that he changed up that approach but what's done is done.

Also Matt Holliday's Average Exit Velocity with a minimum of 30 batted ball events was 5th highest in the Majors. It simply means that the ball was coming off his bat hard, on average, compared to his peers: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/statcast_leaderboard