• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Move into new stadium? Renovate the old one? Angels could just play out their lease in Anaheim

Dollar Bill

Hopefully the team can resolve whatever issues it has with the new development and get on board with it. It should be mutually beneficial and add to the experience for a fans in a way which is badly lacking at the moment. If there is a benefit for both parties, surely there is a way to work together.

7 hours ago, Dollar Bill said:

Bill, you had previously mentioned that there is language in the lease about the responsibility for the infrastructure costs, but that the city and team disagree on the interpretation. If the Angels do choose option 3, how likely is it that this issue ends in litigation? 

i have no qualms about the fan experience at the stadium, other than the often crappy home team with a bunch of no-name players that i have to watch. adding more dining options is never a bad thing, but it's not what draws me to the ballpark.

i like the stadium and i like how the stadium looks. won't complain if they want to add some new architectural elements. my concern is that a lot of the enhancements teams want to do often are targeted for fans with money. that ends up excluding a lot of folks. 

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

i have no qualms about the fan experience at the stadium, other than the often crappy home team with a bunch of no-name players that i have to watch. adding more dining options is never a bad thing, but it's not what draws me to the ballpark.

i like the stadium and i like how the stadium looks. won't complain if they want to add some new architectural elements. my concern is that a lot of the enhancements teams want to do often are targeted for fans with money. that ends up excluding a lot of folks. 

the only enhancements i'd like to see are (1) removing the god-awful 90s-backyard-pool rock "sculpture" and (2) integrate the big A back into the stadium outfield somehow.  Love those old photos of the big A in the 60's!

Angel Stadium

was a great experience, until I went to Padres games and against games. Made me realize just how much this stadium needs an upgrade. Sewage is a big problem. Infrastructure is as basic as it gets. This would be understandable if the team was really good or our owner was in serious debt and couldn't afford improvements or rebuilding.

But Arte makes a ton of money off this team and has zero debt. It's greed. He wants a new park or a rebuilt one, and he wants someone else to pay for it so he can profit from it.

Sounds to me like the Angels will be in the same stadium, which will remain in the same condition, and the same lack of community flair, for another 14 years until either they renovate, relocate or rebuild. 

Then again, 14 years from now, Moreno may not even be alive for all we know, and he may end up selling the team. The buyer might have a better relationship with Anaheim.

I care about the stadium itself more than the area surrounding it.  It seems the neighborhood is going to change no matter what... so the biggest plus now (easy access)  will be gone in the coming years.   I cringe at the thought of area being built up and them slapping some pain on the old building.  

Arte is loaded.