• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Clinton-Trump Debate

Who Won the Debate?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. ?????

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

Here is Gary Johnson's comment on the debate:

MY STATEMENT ON THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE:

I heard Donald Trump describing a country I don’t recognize, and I heard Hillary Clinton writing checks we can’t possibly cash.

I suspect a great many of the millions who watched the debate did so in the hope that they would be inspired. With the possible exception of partisans on the extremes, I also suspect they were disappointed.

Americans don’t want their children and grandchildren to inherit a $20 trillion debt, and they didn’t hear anything [last night] that will keep that from happening. Ms. Clinton and Mr. Trump are afraid to tell the truth about spending. It’s easier to just promise more of it and send the next generation the tab.

Americans believe in the Constitution and the protections it’s supposed to provide. Mr. Trump appears willing to ‘frisk’ those protections away if they get in the way of his version of fixing things. There was a time when Republicans believed in free trade and creating jobs through growth, not protectionism. What happened to that?

Our military men and women and their families deserve leadership they can trust to not send them into harm’s way to intervene in conflicts they can’t possibly resolve and which may or may not have a clear U.S. interest. They didn’t get any reassurance [last night]. Americans want our military to protect us, not put their lives on the line to chase someone’s agenda.

We deserve better, but what we saw [last night] was a promise that the bickering, the pandering and the polarization will continue. America is already great. It’s great leaders we are lacking, and I don’t think we found them on the stage [last night].

Maybe that's why Google searches for Gary Johnson are off the charts right now.

-Gov. Gary Johnson

CHIP IN to help put a third podium on the stage in October:https://www.johnsonweld.com/debate_day

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Adam said:

Any actual political scientists here? How important is the first debate? Is it usually the last of the debates that impacts things the most as you might expect?

I seem to recall in 2012 that Obama didn't do well in the first debate but picked it up after that.  I'm sure there were other factors but I do remember that.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I was hopping Trump would shit all over Hillary, but that didn't seem to be the case. Hillary just stuck to her generic memorized talking points. I didn't watch the whole debate, though.

He's saving the Cleveland Steamer for the final debate.

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I was hopping Trump would shit all over Hillary, but that didn't seem to be the case. Hillary just stuck to her generic memorized talking points. I didn't watch the whole debate, though.

Man, if my guy was shitting the bed the way Trump did I wouldn't watch the whole thing either. 

19 hours ago, #CF8 said:
Trump: I'm 'smart' for paying no taxes
CNN.com - 4 hours ago
Hillary Clinton attacks Donald Trump about not paying taxes in their first presidential debate.

it does make him smart.

do you file EZ forms every year? do you refuse tax deductions when you qualify for them? 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

it does make him smart.

do you file EZ forms every year? do you refuse tax deductions when you qualify for them? 

It makes him stoopid for making that comment. His goal was to get more votes from people who weren't on the Trump train. That comment was very unsophisticated and was one of his many petulant outbursts. The way he talks about nukes, it will scare away undecided support. 

I have interest several businesses so I can't remember the last year tax time was EZ. I do pay a shitload of taxes even after taking all legal deductions. I think I should pay less. However, if I paid zero in income taxes then I'd consider that taking advantage of a system, and not smart.

I'm an asshole, not a genious, if I grab all of the complimentary mints at a restaurant.

23 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

It makes him stoopid for making that comment. His goal was to get more votes from people who weren't on the Trump train. That comment was very unsophisticated and was one of his many petulant outbursts. The way he talks about nukes, it will scare away undecided support. 

I have interest several businesses so I can't remember the last year tax time was EZ. I do pay a shitload of taxes even after taking all legal deductions. I think I should pay less. However, if I paid zero in income taxes then I'd consider that taking advantage of a system, and not smart.

I'm an asshole, not a genious, if I grab all of the complimentary mints at a restaurant.

oh, I agre he shouldn't have said that, I'm merely pointing out that he's smart for doing whatever he can to limit his taxes, like we all do. what he should have said was:" I've paid every dollar of taxes that I was required to pay "

re: the mints - those weren't yours to begin with. 

We can pick apart analogies all day and get nowhere but the point stands.

He provides jobs, and that probably outweighs his lack of income tax contribution. I'm sure in his mind he feels that many of his employees are welfare cases that the govt makes him support. He might be correct. So he likely feels no guilt for being "smart".  

I honestly doubt he had any prep other than just a round table every Sunday with the main squad Rudy, Flynn and a couple campaign workers... Trump is too stubborn to take time out of his day to have people tell him " this is what you say, this is how you say it, this is how you react this is how you don't react ". He just doesn't give a shit the man is 70 years old there's no changing him. 

He got to this point by winging debates so I think he figured why can't I do the same with this one but just with a bigger audience. Big mistake because he simply can't talk pure policy for an hour without going off script. He needed Johnson and Stein on that stage to save him from himself. I think he will dip in the polls by a few points nationally this week and next but by mid-late October I think he recovers.

How has Trump addressed the issue when his economic plan is calculated to add trillions to the national debt?  Rising interest rates aren't going to be the death of this country it's politicians from both sides spending like there's no tomorrow who keep kicking the can down the road.  MT posted a blurb from Gary Johnson which noted that neither Clinton or Trump said anything about addressing the growing debt during the debate rather they promised more spending and/or tax cuts which add to the debt.  At some point interest rates have to rise because that's a sign of a healthy economy and frankly it's the main trick the fed has to combat a recession which is a part of an economic cycle.  Yellen and the fed deserve criticism but they aren't responsible for the growing debt it's politicians like Clinton and Trump.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

My mind is still blown over Trump calling out Janet Yellen and the Fed. I'm sure 99% of the people watching said to themselves "Janet who?"

It's nothing but bread and circuses in this country right now as the whole thing gets flushed down a $20 trillion toilet (~$50 trillion if you count SS and Medicare.)

Add another $10 trillion in pensions.

48 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Talking about the $20 trillion debt, just wait until interest rates rise (which at some point they will), and then the real budget catastrophe begins.

Trump at least has addressed the issue.

What?

Rates are going to be raised to combat inflation, should we find it suitable to do so.