• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

Oz27

23 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

These young kids from poor countries just aren't ready for millions of dollars, especially in a city like Miami. Not an excuse, just an educated guess.

I think you can say the same thing about kids from poor areas who end up going pro or really any 18 to 20 something who suddenly comes into millions of dollars.  Considering all the stuff I did at that age I can't even begin to guess what would situations I may have gotten myself into had I become a millionaire over night.  

On 9/25/2016 at 8:22 AM, fan_since79 said:

He became an American citizen last year and was a patriotic young man. He loved his country and appreciated being here, unlike certain others who will remain unnamed.

You know, we can all argue on the message board back and forth, but when you slur Lou's good name like that, I take offense.

On 9/25/2016 at 6:06 AM, Oz27 said:

from the article.

Fernandez was among three men who were found dead after a Coast Guard Patrol spotted an overturned boat off Miami Beach at 3:30 a.m. ET. The 32-foot boat the group was on had a “severe impact” with a jetty, Lorenzo Veloz of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission told the Associated Press. There’s “no indication of alcohol or illegal drugs involved,” though the high rate of speed at which the boat was traveling factored into the crash, the Coast Guard said (via ESPN.com and Adam Kuperstein of NBC 6).

Is there anybody who actually read this last September and believed that a 3:00am boat crash in Miami featuring a millionaire young athlete didn't involve drugs or alcohol?

6 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Cocaine was involved? Guess he wasn't afraid of the toothless drug testing program instituted by the MLB.

Isn't blow the bane of any drug testing system as it is in and out and of the system as fast as well...actual In n Out?

wel, damn. thatll teach me to listen to what the police have to say. then again I do have plenty of company . . .

"the driver was being irresponsible. He didn't know what he was doing out in the ocean, as evidenced by very simple boating rules"

On September 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM, yk9001 said:

Was Fernandez driving the boat?

On September 27, 2016 at 10:28 AM, gotbeer said:

No.  At least that's what the po po are saying.

" Also, he was a passenger in the boat"

"And then the dude driving doesn't even have the brains to avoid the jetty?"

sidenote: word has it that Joe West is responsible for all of this

21 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

It appears the investigation has been concluded, and Lou was wrong the whole time. Hate to say I told you so.

you obviously don't know how the whole "I told-you-so" thing works. let me help you out: 

Step 1. You have to state that Fernandez was, in fact, driving the boat. (which, by your comments, you failed to do)

Step 2. 

oh wait, there is no Step 2.