• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

Oz27

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I know its a bit early because you just turned into airwolf, but im putting my request in for evil michael knight at some point. The mustache one.

Duly noted.

Let's see what happens in the election first, I may leave the board to become a politician.

On September 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Blarg said:

My father owned a 33 foot Choey Lee that was a 3/4 keel transcontinental rated sloop. We took it out in 50 knot winds, the boat heeled over 9 degrees and stayed there as it took on the highest swells off of Dana Point harbor I've ever seen. Scary as shit to be on deck working the main as the bow ran down a trough and you were looking at the incoming that was towering above you. 

funny, this sounds exactly like something my buddy Jamaal from Lynwood would say.

Hate to say it, but it was pretty obvious alcohol would be involved. The cocaine thing surprised me a bit. Definitely a chain of bad decisions. 

On 9/27/2016 at 8:12 PM, Lou said:

and he didn't have to fish to feed the people he cared about, he wanted to. 

that's what people with good hearts do

People with good hearts, who have people who care about them, and have a child on the way get drunk, do cocaine, then go out into the ocean at 3 am to blow off some steam because of a fight with their girlfriend? To top it off drive or allow their boat to be driven recklessly? 

Okay IE. 

Also, it doesn't sound like there was much fishing going on that night...

On 9/27/2016 at 9:05 PM, Lou said:

Jose wasn't driving the boat, but you can go ahead and blame him if that makes you feel better. 

What makes me feel better? Please. Even if he wasn't driving, tell your dumb buddy to slow the hell down. 

On 10/29/2016 at 1:23 PM, Paul said:

That's a damn shame. Such a foolish thing to do.

Pretty much, all you can say is what a fu*kin' idiot. 

So dumb. So avoidable. You gotta hold him accountable. You'd have to be braindead to not expect any other kind of outcome from the circumstances.

Those people that didn't go and told him not to go had their friggin noggins screwed on straight, that's for sure. 

I know I said in this thread that you usually let your friends make their own mistakes, but IMO if I'm thinking about real friends of mine, I would have refused to let him go. Considering the circumstances and what he had going for him and knowing his state of mind, and if I knew he was drunk or doing drugs, I don't think I'd let one of my best friends leave like that. I'd probably have to physically hold them back, pay for their Uber, whatever. But man, the ocean is nothing to dick around with. I can't believe there's not one person out of everyone he knew who said no and refused to let him leave. 

nice try.  you think if everybody, myself included, had known cocaine and alcohol were involved they would have hailed him as a wonderful person?   I don't 

so you've never had some drinks and then ridden in a car being driven by someone who had also been drinking? never? doing so doesn't make him a bad person. you may think differently.

" I can't believe there's not one person out of everyone he knew who said no and refused to let him leave"

he did have people tell him not to go. the only people who could have stopped him were those who were with him at the time 

Edited by Lou

6 hours ago, Lou said:

nice try.  you think if everybody, myself included, had known cocaine and alcohol were involved they would have hailed him as a wonderful person?   I don't 

so you've never had some drinks and then ridden in a car being driven by someone who had also been drinking? never? doing so doesn't make him a bad person. you may think differently.

" I can't believe there's not one person out of everyone he knew who said no and refused to let him leave"

he did have people tell him not to go. the only people who could have stopped him were those who were with him at the time 

I've been in a car where the driver had been drinking.  My dad, probably a thousand times, when we'd come back from the Elks Club for dinner.

I've never been in a car with someone driving recklessly, let alone drinking and driving recklessly, which these shitheads were doing.  I have no problem with them paying for their lives with their idiocy.  But they put other people in danger out on the water.

Glad MLB and the Marlins honored with wearing jerseys, numbers in the dirt, etc.  Gotta commemorate the shit out of this.

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That didn't have a toxicology report at the time, just a dead teammate and friend.

Lighten up , a-hole.

There is no statute of limitations on this never-ending commemoration shit.  If they didn't retire his number that week, what was going to happen?

Oh yeah, he left behind a pregnant gf.  Awesome.

Awesome, I'm sure everyone stopped grieving for him because they found out him and his buddies got drunk. There is a statute of limitation on being an unforgiving prick about something that never affected your life. It was weeks ago, you didn't get the memo.

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I've been in a car where the driver had been drinking.  My dad, probably a thousand times, when we'd come back from the Elks Club for dinner.

I've never been in a car with someone driving recklessly, let alone drinking and driving recklessly, which these shitheads were doing.  I have no problem with them paying for their lives with their idiocy.  But they put other people in danger out on the water.

Glad MLB and the Marlins honored with wearing jerseys, numbers in the dirt, etc.  Gotta commemorate the shit out of this.

I've driven recklessly while drunk and also been in a car with someone else driving recklessly. Those things occurred some 35-40 years ago, so I guess that makes me a former shithead.

I'll still say Rest in Peace for these people, but I'll agree that the media commemorations get out of hand.

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

interesting.  I have no idea how reckless the other person was driving the boat. perhaps you can post a link so I can learn exactly how reckless they truly were. it'll also be interesting to read how many other people were out on the water at 4am that came close to being casualties.  

i have no doubt that in the thousand times your father drunk drove his family home he obeyed all other traffic laws.  it's also good to hear that you've never been out drinking with friends and then got in a car while one of them, or you, got behind the wheel. never from a party. never from a bar. not once from a ballgame. or a company event. that is truly remarkable and I commend you for being so diligent in your pursuit in keeping our streets safe from, well, people like your dad.  

oh, a little info for you - drinking and getting behind the wheel of a car is the shear definition of reckless driving. 

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Got drunk - and high on coke.  Which is still against the law.  But since he could throw a frigging fastball, its all good.

I'm just waiting for Lou's standard line - "Hey who hasn't done an 8-ball of blow with some buddies??"

standard line?

just a little tidbit for you - I've never even taken one puff of a cigarette in my life. 

and, yes, I deserve a commemorative patch for it.