• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Some stuff goin' down

Docwaukee

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

First pitch to Gonez tomorrow!

PLUNK!!!!

I can't wait for the first Rangers fan to come here and defend the ultimate punk!!!!

Hit him with an 83 mph Weaver fastball? We should have Ramirez make a surprise start, hit Gomez and once he is ejected, then bring in Weaver.

5 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Put all the butt hurt aside and just look at the standings. Texas destroyed the AL West this season so it wasn't just our injuries. They have a pretty solid club. 

They were extremely lucky. Their run differential sucks. Only reason they have such a good record is exceptional luck in one run games, 36-10, which is actually close to a major league record, and because they stomped the Rangers. 

They're no doubt a good team, but they've been really lucky.

48 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They were extremely lucky. Their run differential sucks. Only reason they have such a good record is exceptional luck in one run games, 36-10, which is actually close to a major league record, and because they stomped the Rangers. 

They've been very lucky wire to wire. That's not an easy thing to do. They're more like super lucky. They've actually been very lucky a lot this decade.

10 hours ago, disarcina said:

no retaliation with a high hard inside pitch because ump will toss you;

you can't break up a double play with a hard slide anymore

can't be like a real catcher and block the plate anymore (we call it the Buster Pussy Rule)

what's happened to this great game???

that being said, If I were Halos I wouldn't stir up stuff when you're 65=85, officially eliminated from almost everything but last place and there's two weeks left in the season.

don't need foolish injuries, suspensions, fines.

Actually,  that seems to me like the perfect situation to plunk somebody.  We have nothing at all to lose. It's obvious no other teams worry about plunking us because there's never any retaliation. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The ONLY one that feels good about our last place team is you.  

Well Strad until this current group starts winning with some consistency we will continue to be a horse with no name. 2002-2009 was fun but that was a long time ago. I think it was Doc that pointed out every excuse for each season since 2009 that we missed the playoffs. Strad there are now 2 wild cards and we've consistently had one of the leagues highest payrolls and can't make the postseason? We have to stop making excuses.

We've lost pitchers yes, but our team era is lower than the Rangers staff. It looks like hitting has a lot more to do with our fails than we are willing to admit.

9 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

We've lost pitchers yes, but our team era is lower than the Rangers staff. It looks like hitting has a lot more to do with our fails than we are willing to admit.

Except that is false.  The Rangers ERA+ is 102 or 2% better than league average, while the Angels are at 91, or 9% worse than league average.  So except for what you saying being wrong you are right.  

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except that is false.  The Rangers ERA+ is 102 or 2% better than league average, while the Angels are at 91, or 9% worse than league average.  So except for what you saying being wrong you are right.  

Strad we've given up less runs than the Rangers so they're obviously a much better hitting team if we trail them by 24.5 games. You have to look at the entire lineups and not just who's on the mound. 

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Texas is 62-32 against teams .500 or better.  So they seem to be saving all their luck for the better teams.  

I tend to measure teams by run differential as well, but it doesn't always tell the whole story.  Just ask the 1960 World Series American League Champion New York Yankees.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Strad we've given up less runs than the Rangers so they're obviously a much better hitting team if we trail them by 24.5 games. You have to look at the entire lineups and not just who's on the mound. 

Yes they are a better hitting team, they are also a better pitching team. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So what did Gomez do?  

1) He wussed like a baby, just because Simmons kept a tag on him a little longer than he should.

2) He then slid inappropriately into Simmons later on, and they exchanged pleasantries.

3) Kela then threw behind Simmons' back in the 7th, I'm guessing because the wusses were offended by Simmons playing his normal game.

Factor in the bitch Owen and the douchebags Bannister and Odor, and that is one douchy team.

I hope the WC team sweeps them out of the post-season!   Then they can enjoy more Gulf gas.