• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Kenny, Rosenthal and O’Dowd each prefer Trout for AL MVP

AngelsWin.com

Another reason why Trout should be the MVP

Mookie Betts 

home ops/sOPS+: .961 / 152

away OPS/sOPS+: .836 / 129

Mike Trout

home ops / sOPS+: .997 / 167

away ops / sOPS+: .989 / 171 

Betts plays in a bandbox.  If people want to make the MVP about being on a team in playoff contention then fine.  I don't totally agree with that, but if that's the criteria then whatever.  

If someone tries to argue that Betts has been the better player, then they are smoking serious, hardcore crack.  

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Another reason why Trout should be the MVP

Mookie Betts 

home ops/sOPS+: .961 / 152

away OPS/sOPS+: .836 / 129

Mike Trout

home ops / sOPS+: .997 / 167

away ops / sOPS+: .989 / 171 

Betts plays in a bandbox.  If people want to make the MVP about being on a team in playoff contention then fine.  I don't totally agree with that, but if that's the criteria then whatever.  

If someone tries to argue that Betts has been the better player, then they are smoking serious, hardcore crack.  

Trout at Fenway this season: .364 AVG, .533 OBP, .545 SLG, 1.079 OPS, 172 sOPS+

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Remember when you called Fenway "Midget Park" last week? That made me lol.

It's true. I'd love to see a breakdown of all of "Big Papi"'s homeruns and doubles that would have otherwise been outs in every other stadium. I mean that right field pole is stupid. And the green monster is the biggest joke in sports. 

I hope ISIS bombs that shithole.

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It's true. I'd love to see a breakdown of all of "Big Papi"'s homeruns and doubles that would have otherwise been outs in every other stadium. I mean that right field pole is stupid. And the green monster is the biggest joke in sports. 

I hope ISIS bombs that shithole.

With ISIS and only ISIS inside the stadium when they detonate.

well, suddenly with Trout approaching 30/30/ 100 and 175 hit type numbers and Toronto and Houston looking like they may not make the playoffs (impacting Donaldson and Altuve's chances plus the fact Trout has gotten stronger in September while competitors for the MVP have struggled) -- looks like its a Mookie Betts vs. Mike Trout race.

East Coast bias usually wins those......

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Fenway probably isn't the best park for Trout because he doesn't hit the lazy flyballs to LF that are doubles and home runs there but outs in any other park. he's more likely to hit a ball through the Monster than over it.

He'd probably get 200+ hits a year if he played for the Red Sox.

On September 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM, disarcina said:

well, suddenly with Trout approaching 30/30/ 100 and 175 hit type numbers and Toronto and Houston looking like they may not make the playoffs (impacting Donaldson and Altuve's chances plus the fact Trout has gotten stronger in September while competitors for the MVP have struggled) -- looks like its a Mookie Betts vs. Mike Trout race.

East Coast bias usually wins those......

I don't think East Coast bias really applies to the MVP race. 

You are talking about 30 people, and 2 who cover each team. The same number who cover the Angels as the Royals and the Yankees. And each person puts hours of research into it, not a knee jerk decision based on who they saw on SportsCenter. 

You don't have to see Trout to get his case. You just have to look at baseball-reference. 

If Trout doesn't win it will be for one reason: the Angels aren't good.