• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Teix on the Angels

nate

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/a-qa-with-mark-teixeira-as-his-excellent-career-comes-to-an-end-091916

A: Maybe the best team I’ve been on. The ’09 Yankees, obviously, was a championship team. But if you played the ’09 Yankees against the ’08 Angels in a seven-game series, it’s an absolute toss-up. That team was that good.

But baseball is a weird thing. We didn’t get a big hit. We made an error. We lost in four games in Boston (in the Division Series). But that was a really good team. I enjoyed my time there. That might have been the best two-month stretch of my career, playing in Anaheim.

I think if he stayed he would have been a different player.  On the Yankees he was forced to change his swing to take advantage of the short porch in right.

12 minutes ago, nate said:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/a-qa-with-mark-teixeira-as-his-excellent-career-comes-to-an-end-091916

I think if he stayed he would have been a different player.  On the Yankees he was forced to change his swing to take advantage of the short porch in right.

Tex and his wife are east coast style people. I certainly don't think it was personal. The timing was perfect for Teixeira. Giambi was leaving, the money was there and he got his ring. Our 2009 situation was quite different. We had a pre-injury young Kendry Morales at 1st and an aging Vlad to DH with Hunter, Abreu and Rivera. His wife wanted to be in the east coast. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

2008 was one of the most frustrating post-seasons.

All 4 games went down to the wire.    The Halos had a team capable of being WS champs.

Can't argue with that, it was an amazing team with so much talent. Just look at some of the names on that roster!

Very frustrating 4 games that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Kind of like how we did in 02?........

02 Angels were a much better team, record wise, than the 06 Cards....and probably a lot of other wild card teams....They won 99 games but still finished 4 games behind the A's.....Hell, Seattle won 93 games in 02 and didn't make the playoffs...But, point is, if you can get to the postseason, it doesn't matter....just get there...

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Think of how bad Mope was here in 2006.   Suddenly, he goes to St.L. and helps pitch them to a WS title.

And then he and Boras took the money from Seattle and ran from St. Louis.....Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing but he was much better off in the NL with Dave Duncan as his pitching coach...

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

02 Angels were a much better team, record wise, than the 06 Cards....and probably a lot of other wild card teams....They won 99 games but still finished 4 games behind the A's.....Hell, Seattle won 93 games in 02 and didn't make the playoffs...But, point is, if you can get to the postseason, it doesn't matter....just get there...

So soon some people forget.

The 02 AL west (and the Era as a whole between us and oakland) was one of the toughest divisions in recent history. The second half of that year placed both teams "in the playoffs" for 3 months...

As you said, Seattle had what we'd consider a great year these days....and we're an afterthought pretty much by august...

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Kind of like how we did in 02?........

disagree. we had been a very good team all year (well, after the first 20 games). got into the playoff and kicked butt. got into the series and held on, with an epic comeback in game 6 when it counted most.

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So soon some people forget.

The 02 AL west (and the Era as a whole between us and oakland) was one of the toughest divisions in recent history. The second half of that year placed both teams "in the playoffs" for 3 months...

As you said, Seattle had what we'd consider a great year these days....and we're an afterthought pretty much by august...

How many divisions since 1995 have had THREE teams win at least 93 games?   The AL West did in 2002.   Even Texas wasn't THAT bad.   Brutal division for anyone to take on