• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Should the National Anthem be played before each game?

Tank

My personal preference is just play the game. I don't watch or participate in the name of God or country so I'm not interested in anthems or invocations at the events. That said, I know plenty of people who do care and it's not that big of a deal to me. If I have to stand for a few minutes I'll get over it.

I see no reason for it to be played before each game... but if it's played you need to show respect otherwise people around you will think you are an asshat.

It gets played so often now that people don't even pay attention which is not what was intended. Maybe if they played it on special occasions when they do the flag thing like Opening Day, July 4, etc. It needs to be played from time to time.

They can do away with the playing of God Bless America, 15 years is long enough IMO. Do they still play that at every game in NY?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I see no reason for it to be played before each game... but if it's played you need to show respect otherwise people around you will think you are an asshat.

Sounds like political correctness run amok to me.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I'll salute the flag the day I don't have to pay $300 for the right to change the shingles on my roof. 

my place was built in 1908. and it's designated as historical. which means you can't even touch the fascade if you wanted to.

if i wanted to change the front windows, which are original, single-pane, let out all my heat, rattle like a bitch when it's windy, etc.

you have to use a city-approved window person to basically take them apart and re-build them inside the original wood frame.

the quote i got for my front 8 windows? $35,000

4 hours ago, Adam said:

I'll salute the flag the day I don't have to pay $300 for the right to change the shingles on my roof. 

Yeah, we are in the process of changing our roof.  I get double charged, $189 each for the house, and $189 for the garage since it's detached for the "permit".