• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs

33 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

If he needs a 2nd surgery 2018 is going to be a crapshoot for our pitching staff. 

Not trying to be Debbie Downer but if he is out, we need to quit pretending and start the rebuild.  I've been in the "hold on in 2017 and hope for 2018" crowd but you just can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap....that would basically leave us Shoemaker and Nolasco and Shoemaker is a ? mark until he shows he can overcome things, both physically and mentally....

5 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Not trying to be Debbie Downer but if he is out, we need to quit pretending and start the rebuild.  I've been in the "hold on in 2017 and hope for 2018" crowd but you just can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap....that would basically leave us Shoemaker and Nolasco and Shoemaker is a ? mark until he shows he can overcome things, both physically and mentally....

+1 

This is not an easy team to fix short term.

Only approximately 80% of Tommy John surgeries are effective. The other 20% have complications in one form or another including a new surgery possibly being needed. I really hope this was just a case of tightness or the like. I was really looking forward to seeing what Skaggs could do.

11 minutes ago, ettin said:

Only approximately 80% of Tommy John surgeries are effective. The other 20% have complications in one form or another including a new surgery possibly being needed. I really hope this was just a case of tightness or the like. I was really looking forward to seeing what Skaggs could do.

If he's out its going to really mess up part of your 2017 pre-season primer. 

Always enjoy those.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

Wow. It's hard not to be a little suspicious of team management at this point. Something is not right here.

This happens to a lot of teams. We have just been really lucky for awhile. Rangers, Braves, and Athletics all went through nightmare stretches like this recently too.

I just want this summer to end
What's the point of trying to pretend?
She told me to follow the rules
Not all 19 year olds are cool
I'm all alone at night
Dreamin' about my life
She was too fast for me
I count my steps because I'm OCD

No life from Paloma to Rose
Sometimes I feel like I'm a ghost
Changing into street clothes in a tent
I just want this summer to end (summer to end)
My heart is so landlocked
Nothing but tourist shops
It's just like a curse, you see
This bummed out feeling that she's over me
She's over me
I put my jacket over my head
I'm trying not to stare at her chest
I can't even dance in the dark
Cause my headphones are still on the seat of her car

Kumbaya makes me get violent
Whoa

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Worse case scenario.

Richards realizes he needs TJ surgery.  Next year, will be Richards year 5.  If he needs surgery, he'll be back for partial year 6, so he will be a FA after his partial year.

Skaggs may need a second TJ surgery.  Next year will be year 4.  So lose him for that.  We will have Skaggs for 1 and a half years before he is a free agent.  Going into 2018, if he has surgery, and going into year 5 of club control, he will have pitched a total of 27 games for us. 

Here's a question to ponder.

There are no golden answers, necessarily.

Question though is, is it more accurate to say that you can better foresee durability issues in a college pitcher vs HS pitcher, when drafting?

The HS pitcher usually never gets to 100 innings in a HS season.

College starting pitchers can reach 100 innings the freshman year, and eventually 140 innings by their junior year.   That allows a MLB scout to see how they handle a bigger workload.

For every Kershaw drafted from HS, how many HS pitchers fail to develop any durability over time?

That is why if the tank continues and the Halos are in position to do so, they probably need to draft one of the quartet of stud college RHPs slated to go within the Top 10 picks?

23 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

If he's out its going to really mess up part of your 2017 pre-season primer. 

Always enjoy those.

It'll mess up 2018 and beyond probably. I don't think the return rate is very high for double TMJ surgeries but I haven't really looked it up yet. Players like Cory Luebke are the exceptions maybe but even he hasn't returned full and whole. :(

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

What's the point of trying to pretend?
She told me to follow the rules
Not all 19 year olds are cool
I'm all alone at night
Dreamin' about my life
She was too fast for me
I count my steps because I'm OCD

No life from Paloma to Rose
Sometimes I feel like I'm a ghost
Changing into street clothes in a tent
I just want this summer to end (summer to end)
My heart is so landlocked
Nothing but tourist shops
It's just like a curse, you see
This bummed out feeling that she's over me
She's over me
I put my jacket over my head
I'm trying not to stare at her chest
I can't even dance in the dark
Cause my headphones are still on the seat of her car

Kumbaya makes me get violent
Whoa

The Angels are jacked up. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Here's a question to ponder.

There are no golden answers, necessarily.

Question though is, is it more accurate to say that you can better foresee durability issues in a college pitcher vs HS pitcher, when drafting?

The HS pitcher usually never gets to 100 innings in a HS season.

College starting pitchers can reach 100 innings the freshman year, and eventually 140 innings by their junior year.   That allows a MLB scout to see how they handle a bigger workload.

For every Kershaw drafted from HS, how many HS pitchers fail to develop any durability over time?

That is why if the tank continues and the Halos are in position to do so, they probably need to draft one of the quartet of stud college RHPs slated to go within the Top 10 picks?

I would say, grab the HS pitcher and take control of how many innings they pitch. Kids nowadays play baseball year round and there is no telling how many innings they're throwing. Then you also have to worry about the travel ball coach who is more concerned with winning than the condition of the kids arm. By drafting the HS pitcher, you get them exposed to qualified professionals.

Go Halos!!!

15 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

I could see them going to a 6 man rotation in the future.  They just need a few pitchers that can be shuttled to SLC.  It would be similar to what they did when Richards went down with the knee injury. 

At this rate, we will have so many untested SP options for '17, you may as well try to implement a full-time 6 man rotation to limit everyone's innings, while giving everyone a reasonable opportunity.

2 hours ago, failos said:

Wow. It's hard not to be a little suspicious of team management at this point. Something is not right here.

The same team management that went almost a decade without a significant arm injury to a SP?    CJ's bone chips -- had them before coming to Anaheim.   Prior to him.... who?  Tripod?