• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What did I ever do to St. Louis?

yk9001

3 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

They kept referring to it as a "horizontal passing attack"  I'd never heard it referred to as that.  Brings back memories of all of Lane Kiffin's bubble screens with Marqise Lee

Well, if downfield is vertical, then the opposite (going side to side) would be horizontal.  And they were passing the ball, I guess.

But I strongly disagree with the word "attack".

12 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

They kept referring to it as a "horizontal passing attack"  I'd never heard it referred to as that.  Brings back memories of all of Lane Kiffin's bubble screens with Marqise Lee

For as little as I've followed football in my life I have learned one thing to be true... 'horizontal passing' is almost always stupid.

Also its funny to think back to when he signed Pujols, some people on here said "haha you can have the Rams, we have Pujols!"

37 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Here is the funny thing. The Rams are paying Tavon Austin like a number one receiver, but he doesn't receive any passes past the line of scrimmage. 

They need a real receiver and a QB. Keenum is an embarrassment to the game of football.

That's a coaching decision and game plan.

While Keenum isn't all that he isn't at fault here for the terrible game plan. No one was going to execute an offense with the scheme displayed by the Rams last night. The 49ers knew what was coming and had no problem stopping the Rams. Quarterbacks haven't called their own plays in many years so the unimaginative plays called lies with the coaching staff not the QB.

btw..the Rams have been bad for several years and I'm surprised anyone thought they were going to get better overnight.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Rob Boras is a joke.  WTF did Fisher see in him for OC?

#FireFisher

After last nights game I'd bet Fisher is questioning him also.

The only way last nights game plan works is if the Rams had able to run the ball.

It was a very boring unimaginative game that wouldn't have been any different with another QB.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why are they being so conservative with Goff's development?

This offense is laughable in sooo many ways, aside from Gurley.

Greg Robinson is a total FLOP as #2 overall pick in 2014.   Probably couldn't even block his mom.

I didn't see a lot of Goff in the preseason but what I did see wasn't all that impressive..he was ok, but he didn't stand out although I won't be surprised to see him starting sometime this year.

It's obvious the coaching staff doesn't really have any confidence in Keenum because he wasn't even given a chance to succeed with the pitiful game plan he was stuck with. Had Goff been saddled with the same I don't think the outcome would have been any different.

About Gurley:  I had him in fantasy last year watched him very closely last year, and four of his best five games were in the first five games of his career.  Maybe defenses found something out, or they quit worrying about anything else the rams had, but he was very pedestrian the last half of 2015.  Unfortunately, the first game of 2016 started the same way.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2977644/year/2015

Goff can't take a snap from under center.  He didn't do it in high school and he didn't do it in college.  They say he looks like a baby deer on ice when he's under center.  Gurley would be ineffective if used in the pistol or shotgun.  So what weapon do you disarm?  And the OL schemes sucked big time.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I wish I knew that and I already regret drafting him in my fantasy league. Should have went with David Johnson, based solely on the fact that the Rams are going to be so far behind in many games.

I went with Zeke Elliott, who didn't blow my socks off with his performance on Sunday