• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/11 Rangers @ Angels 12:35

Robrock30

63rd win. That means the Angels remain the only AL team never to lose 100 games in a season. That and  a Trout MVP are all I had left on the table in this season for a while now. If Mike can lengthen the WAR, runs, OBP and OPS gaps, maybe that mitigates the crappy Angels' year in the voters' minds. Maybe.

3 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

Point is, he'll probably be back and in the rotation.

I didn't say his last start at home, I said his last good start - this was probably as close to a vintage Weaver outing as we will get. Striking out eight Rangers and working into the 7th in a one-run game felt like the norm for when Weaver was facing the Rangers in Anaheim over much of the last decade.

Can we not enjoy anything? Jeez. Even if he is back next year it may not be for long, and the quality starts even more infrequent.

14 hours ago, totdprods said:

If they stay on same schedule, looks like he will get a start against the Blue Jays, A's, and Astros at home. Of those, the A's are the only ones that favor him.

Point is, we may be seeing his last starts.

He pitched well against Texas he. An pitch well against those other teams.  

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Everybody says he's toast ... but if conditioned properly and with the right diet his velocity should go up a few notches. Jared is still the crafty veteran .

Apparently he hit 87 yesterday, and has been gaining velocity incrementally as the year has gone on. Not saying this justifies anything or he's turning things around, but it may offer some evidence that a change in mechanics and conditioning he could find a way still. 

Obviously they are all different instances, but look at Rich Hill, Colon, Kazmir, Vogelsong, Blanton. All those guys were written off and returned from the dead. Pretty weird how all passed through the Angels org too. Makes me think there is one voice in the front office or scouting that sees something in these guys but it obviously hasn't translated into the coaching, or the players just didn't adjust in time, or the FO simply hasn't had the patience or roster flexibility to wait it out.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Apparently he hit 87 yesterday, and has been gaining velocity incrementally as the year has gone on. Not saying this justifies anything or he's turning things around, but it may offer some evidence that a change in mechanics and conditioning he could find a way still. 

Obviously they are all different instances, but look at Rich Hill, Colon, Kazmir, Vogelsong, Blanton. All those guys were written off and returned from the dead. Pretty weird how all passed through the Angels org too. Makes me think there is one voice in the front office or scouting that sees something in these guys but it obviously hasn't translated into the coaching, or the players just didn't adjust in time, or the FO simply hasn't had the patience or roster flexibility to wait it out.

I think you hit on it.  There is too much pressure for organizations win quickly, and hard for the front office to wait it out.  The fans have about zero patience, and front office's need to see performance soon as there is a lot of possible competition for MLB roster spots.