• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Athletics 9/7 12:35

Robrock30

20 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Cowart goes 0-3 with 3 K's and his avg. is down to .236 and dropping with a paltry .246 obp.

I just don't see what others do in him. Sure he packs a good glove..so what..the minors are full of good gloves.

Maybe with me ragging on him he'll go on a tear but I doubt it.

Hope he proves me wrong but I don't think he can hit.

He was at 270 only a week ago.  Let's get him some more ABs.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

He was at 270 only a week ago.  Let's get him some more ABs.

Right, he has had so few at bats any game will radically skew his slash line. What concerns me is zero walks in 60 at-bats, strikeouts in one-third of this, and averaging 3 pitches per at-bat. 

I understand its a small sample size still, but those stats paint a picture of a guy so far of a guy who is basically going up there and producing two results, either swinging through everything and striking out in 3-4 pitches, or hitting the first or second pitch he sees right at someone. 

Would like to see him go up there for a game or three with the mentality of not swinging the bat until a strike is thrown. See if he can force an extra pitch or two from the pitcher, maybe draw a walk, maybe set himself up for a pitch.

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Cowart just needs to relax and take some pitches.

This season is over, we're not going to the playoffs. It's not a question of a miracle. It's simply impossible. We'd have to go 23-0 just to win 85 games, and that probably won't be enough for even the second wild card.

So you're saying there's a chance?

15 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

The maddening Madson will go for another save against the team he fleeced for about 2 seasons' salary.

I don't blame Madson.  I blame Dipoto for signing a player who was already injured.  Dumb move.

Good luck Seattle!!!

I'm sure Cowart feels the same way many on this board feel. It's time for him to make an impression on management or else. Maybe he thinks he has to get a hit every AB and it's psyching him out. He needs to take a deep breath and a few more pitches before swinging. Pitchers aren't stupid and if they see you swing at garbage that's all they'll throw.