• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Matt Shoemaker Update

John Smith

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Got it. I also imagine there'd be a psychological hill for Shoe to climb after a traumatic event like this.

I was thinking it'd be more like a Mount Everest size obstacle. You could easily lose your mud on any kind of comebacker, which could be a real problem.

get well soon, Shoe. Baseball is secondary to your health.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I never thought about this until now, but that ball bounced off of his head so high it could maybe have been caught by Cron. But everyone probably just said screw the game to themselves and were more concerned about the welfare of Shoe...

On the radio, terry and Langston said there was a lot of blood.

I still don't know why pitchers are not required to wear some sort of protection on their head. Especially in the temple areas. If it's about not wanting to look like a doofus, even a hard cap with a little padding underneath would be better than a cloth cap. As scary as this is, we'd be having a whole different conversation here if that ball had hit flush and had ricocheted back toward the plate rather than ricocheting up.

6 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I still don't know why pitchers are not required to wear some sort of protection on their head.

Because all they do is bitch and moan that it affects their performance even though anytime I've ever worn a helmet or protective gear I forget it's on after 5 freaking minutes. It's all a bullshit excuse because they don't think it looks cool.

If I were a baseball player I'd get as far away from being part of the Angels organization as possible. Fuck this team, man. The bad news never ends. Get out now Trout, that car crash was a warning.

Well you can choose to wear a helmet now or you may be forced to wear a helmet on the short bus later. 105 mph baseballs to the head or neck area can cause permanent damage or be fatal. 

I sure hope Shoemaker recovers 100% healthy both physically and psychologically. Baseball should just take a backseat for him right now until he's ready to decide what's best for him and his family.