• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Mariners 9/2 7:10

Robrock30

1 minute ago, eligrba4ever said:

Wow. Touchy aren't we? Root to lose so you can move up a notch or two. It hasn't worked for the Sixers and they were at it for a decade.

I am not rooting to lose, but won't be sad if we lose at this point in the season. The best thing that can happen this year is to get a better player in the draft and not lose a draft pick in the off season for a FA. There is no upside in winning at this point and I would rather play some minor leaguers to see what they can do.

Also I root for individuals to do well like Trout, Cron, Cowart, and even Pujols to reach his milestones. The best Scouts can't draft a player already taken by a team before them in the draft. Do you think Houston, Cubs, and K.C. got their top players with the 25th pick year after year?

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I am not rooting to lose, but won't be sad if we lose at this point in the season. The best thing that can happen this year is to get a better player in the draft and not lose a draft pick in the off season for a FA. There is no upside in winning at this point and I would rather play some minor leaguers to see what they can do.

Also I root for individuals to do well like Trout, Cron, Cowart, and even Pujols to reach his milestones. The best Scouts can't draft a player already taken by a team before them in the draft. Do you think Houston, Cubs, and K.C. got their top players with the 25th pick year after year?

Your extra large bold faced shout in response to different third poster about me spoke volumes of touchiness. And there's really no other way to interpret a desire for more losses.

2 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Dripping with sincerity. You almost had me until that edit.

Try it, copy and paste a name and see for yourself he if it's in bold or not. I wouldn't waste my time trying to format it. The BLAH was just because it made happy after reading your response about being touchy. I'm not touchy but I also know winning does nothing for us. I like to see us win but if we lose no biggie. That's All.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

we're using 3 innings to determine a guy's value?  

He's a lefty and he's breathing. That's a major determiner. In his 71 innings (mostly for New Orleans) he had a 11:2 K:BB which would be considered good. His 1.57 WHIP and 4.91 ERA were less so. So on balance, he is whatever he is. You can pick your stat.

14 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

He's a lefty and he's breathing. That's a major determiner. In his 71 innings (mostly for New Orleans) he had a 11:2 K:BB which would be considered good. His 1.57 WHIP and 4.91 ERA were less so. So on balance, he is whatever he is. You can pick your stat.

how about his .633 ops this year vs. lefties and the fact that he faced 2 lefties.  

He's a 25yo with 3 major league innings and a career 2.71era in the minors with a 1.189 whip.  His ops vs. lefties is as follows:

2016 - .633

2015 - .428

2014 - .470

2013 - .254 (not a typo)

btw, he had a 1,2,3 inning.  

he's a situational lefty who has been very good at getting out lefties in the minors and has almost no MLB experience.  

is that good enough for you?

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

how about his .633 ops this year vs. lefties and the fact that he faced 2 lefties.  

He's a 25yo with 3 major league innings and a career 2.71era in the minors with a 1.189 whip.  His ops vs. lefties is as follows:

2016 - .633

2015 - .428

2014 - .470

2013 - .254 (not a typo)

btw, he had a 1,2,3 inning.  

he's a situational lefty who has been very good at getting out lefties in the minors and has almost no MLB experience.  

is that good enough for you?

As I said, he is what he is and you can pick your stat, which you have done.