• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

KTLA will broadcast six Dodger games in tribute to Vin Scully

fan_since79

You say you don't hate the guy then sound like you hate him.  You nitpick him like you hate him.  I read your post, I just thought I'd tell you that you sound like you hate him even though you say you don't.  I'm not a scully Nutswinger, I just appreciate his body of work.  He's a legend and deservedly so.  I, like you, hate the Dodgers but that doesn't mean I have to hate everything about them.  Shitting on Vin is like shitting on Chick.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You say you don't hate the guy then sound like you hate him.  You nitpick him like you hate him.  I read your post, I just thought I'd tell you that you sound like you hate him even though you say you don't.  I'm not a scully Nutswinger, I just appreciate his body of work.  He's a legend and deservedly so.  I, like you, hate the Dodgers but that doesn't mean I have to hate everything about them.  Shitting on Vin is like shitting on Chick.  

Characterizing my post about Scully's style and his overstaying (that was given in response to a question) as "shitting on him" is a real stretch. I think you're being far too sensitive..many people don't care for Scully's style I'm one of them, if you aren't..that's ok with me.

14 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Thank goodness that has nothing to do with Vin Scully. The one thing that the Dodgers fans didn't get screwed on is their season as they're in a pennant race and I envy them for that. All we have to look forward to is the winter meetings and the smell of freshly cut grass next spring training. That sucks!

...and another year of Scioscia.

Sorry, couldn't resist slipping that in.

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

you really missed his point.

so everybody here hates Jose Mota, the person? They must based on the nitpicking of his work. Vin screws up now more than Mota ever did. Sure he's a legend. That doesn't mean we have to blow glitter up his ass.

I'm just telling you that you sound like a Scully nutswinger, even though you say you aren't  

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

By "many people" you mean the vast minority of baseball fans.  

I don't care that you don't care for him, we are entitled to our opinions here.  

for not caring, you sure do spend plenty of time responding to his every single post 

: )

this is great for MLB -- and about time !!

I actually bought some Dodger tickets last year (to give away at some charity auction -- I have not been to Dodger Stadium in almost 20 years) -- so I got one of their 'on-line' surveys about upcoming homestead games and what would entice me (or make me more likely) to go to a ballgame at the Latrine........my comment - 'Keeping the greater S. Cal baseball audience from hearing Vin Scully in his final year is near criminal and the Dodgers should be ashamed of their entire organization for letting this happen." "TIckets? Count me OUT"

So this is good news,, even if belated.

If Dodgers get to the playoffs -- and it looks like they will -- perhaps to play St. Louis in the Wild Card game -- Vin Scully would be able to broadcast the local telecast of , I think, everything until the NLCS.......at that point the network folks have the exclusive. If Dogs are in it, the network may try to entice Scully to spend some time in the booth -- but my guess is he will turn down the offer -- he pretty much announces alone in the booth (it's a term in his contract over all these years) and is not likely going to want his last broadcast to be part of a 'broadcasting team' in the booth...........

still -- good news for all of MLB -- folks should DVR those games and save the one from At &T the last weekend.

BTW -- also retiring this year -- with much less fanfare -- is Dick Enberg -- he won't be back in the SD Padres booth for telecasts next year -- Oh My !!!

We were blessed to listen to both Scully and Enberg in this market, and they both made baseball come alive. Both are great storytellers, too. 

The Dodgers are doing the right thing by broadcasting the final six games. Helps make up for the idiocy of shutting so many locals from hearing Vinnie these last two or three years. Hopefully Vin will be behind the mic on the radio for the playoffs.

Love Vin.

I remember I was a kid listening to Vin, and I listened to the Dodgers, or watched them, but I absolutely cherished hearing Vin commentary. But I didn't know his name at the time. So somewhere down the line I asked pops, who is this guy? And he said Vin Scully. And I said Vin Scully! RIGHT! "He's my favorite baseball commentator!" and without hesitation pops said "Vin Scully? Ugh! I can't staaaaand that guy, he never shuts up!"

LOL to this day pops can't stand him and I've always thought fondly of him.

I will be driving home one of these weekends to see friends and family and will take time to watch the games just to listen to him. He will be missed, he cracks me up. Better than stupid Goober and yawner Rojas. 

I'm glad they're doing this.