• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Puig Claimed Off Waivers

nando714

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

The waivers are revocable ... so the team that claimed will have to workout a deal. Doubtful that's going to happen .

Well I doubt whoever claims Puig will have to give up anything of value being that he's owed quite a bit of money. He's owed around $25 million on a contract that runs through 2018.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Back to Puig.

What are the chances Arte claimed him? I'm guessing slim to none. 

No way he made it out of the NL.  Somebody would be willing to take a shot.  That said, everything I've read has said they Dodgers have no plans to trade him until the offseason.

There's no way a team is going to pick up his salary AND give up a decent prospect, and the way I understand it, if the dogs pull him off waivers, they have to keep him until after the season. (and I assume that means keeping him on the 40 man roster)

Am I right here?

4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

There's no way a team is going to pick up his salary AND give up a decent prospect, and the way I understand it, if the dogs pull him off waivers, they have to keep him until after the season. (and I assume that means keeping him on the 40 man roster)

Am I right here?

They can't trade him until the season is over if they pull him off waivers. They could theoretically release him later this year, but if that was an option they were actively considering they would let the waiver claim stand so they wouldn't be stuck with the salary.

Just now, red321 said:

They can't trade him until the season is over if they pull him off waivers. They could theoretically release him later this year, but if that was an option they were actively considering they would let the waiver claim stand so they wouldn't be stuck with the salary.

They have to keep him on the active 40 man roster too I assume?

Waiver trade deadline is tomorrow to be eligible for post season.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Well I doubt whoever claims Puig will have to give up anything of value being that he's owed quite a bit of money. He's owed around $25 million on a contract that runs through 2018.

You might be correct but I read differently. 

$6.5M 2017

$7.5M 2018

Puig is a cancer in the clubhouse to be sure --

what his contract like?

who would have claimed him?

if you are a contender would you jeopardize your team chemistry by bringing this guy in?

on the other hand, if you are the SF Giants -- how sweet would it be to claim Puig -- put him on the expanded roster for September and have him pinch run in the latter innings against the Dodgers??  Of course, Puig is prone to making really dumb base-running mistakes,,,,,,but he's fast !