• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/29 Reds @ Angels 7:05

Robrock30

ANGELS_0.PNG
Angels 
Lineup 8/29
7:05 PST

CIN:Dan Straily(R) (10-6, 3.57)
LAA:Matt Shoemaker(R) (8-13, 3.98)

1. Billy Hamilton (S) CF
2. Jose Peraza (R) SS
3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
4. Adam Duvall (R) LF
5. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
6. Scott Schebler (L) RF
7. Eugenio Suarez (R) DH
8. Ivan De Jesus Jr. (R) 3B
9. Ramon Cabrera (S) C

1. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
2. Mike Trout (R) CF
3. Albert Pujols (R) DH
4. C.J. Cron (R) 1B
5. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
6. Jefry Marte (R) 3B
7. Rafael Ortega (L) LF
8. Jett Bandy (R) C
9. Kaleb Cowart (S) 2B

14 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm going to the game tonight. Does anyone know the best place to park? Paying full price at the stadium the best way to go?  It's the first time I've had a chance to go this year.

I park on the street outside the Golden Road Brewery tap room. Just south of Orangewood. I put the $ I save on parking into a liquid asset.

25 minutes ago, ELEVEN said:

I park on the street outside the Golden Road Brewery tap room. Just south of Orangewood. I put the $ I save on parking into a liquid asset.

The best parking used to be at a bar on Katella next to the 5 fwy. They catered to Angel fans and had a party Angel bus that dropped and picked you up at the stadium. 

Good Times

ps ask Brian .. I think he dropped his underwear in that bar.

I park in the stadium lot, but as close to the office building on State College, I would then exit right by the office building, and it never took more than one minute to get out of the parking lot.  There were virtually no cars exiting that exit.  It just required a longer walk to the stadium from the car.  

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I park in the stadium lot, but as close to the office building on State College, I would then exit right by the office building, and it never took more than one minute to get out of the parking lot.  There were virtually no cars exiting that exit.  It just required a longer walk to the stadium from the car.  

Thanks for that tip. 

19 minutes ago, DMVol said:

If we keep Escobar for next year, Cowart's chance to play is 2b....

It will be interesting to see.  Obviously they aren't going to move Escobar for an unproven Cowart.  However, if it turns out Cowart is the real deal and can hit then wouldn't they want him at 3B given that is his position and plays to his strength with the arm he has? I'm curious as to how that would play out and I hope we get a chance to see it.

Cowart probably plays second primarily this September. They're not gonna boot Escobar for a month. It's a lost season, who cares if we have shitty defense at third for another couple weeks? If Cowart shows enough with his bat, it gives them a little more safeguard to move Escobar this winter. I don't think they will go into the offseason looking to move him, but I imagine he will be discussed quite a bit.

If they don't move Escobar, and frankly, I don't think they should unless they get a really good return because he's one of our few tradeable assets and we should only be cashing in for greater or equal value, not just dealing him because Cowart is a third baseman and exists. Cowart can adjust to MLB pitching at second, where whatever he contributes offensively is just contrasting against guys like Gia, Petit, and Pennington. He's looked pretty good defensively there so far, so he's already providing an advantage there over what we've had. Also, since so many of us have dismissed next season, again, who cares if we have shitty defense at third? Better draft pick.

April through July of '17 follow the same template we've seen this week; start Cowart at 2nd, slide him over to 3rd or elsewhere in the 6th or 7th for defense after Escobar's last at-bat or as the situation dictates. He will get time at first, left, and probably shortstop as we'll. It's not like playing at second or other positions here and there is going to harm his defense, and he's young enough to maintain there.

Once July hits, since Escobar is an impending free agent, move him for whatever at that point - if you haven't gotten a good offer for him going back to this year's deadline, you never were - and then you can drop Cowart over at third.

Here's where it all comes together. By that time, you've given him a good, long look against major league pitching - you know he's capable defensively. The question now is, going into the 2017 offseason, does he provide enough bat to be the 3B of the future? If he has shown that, problem solved. If he hasn't shown enough with the bat, you have now seen him long enough defensively around the diamond that you can expect him to have immediate value as a UT IF.