• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Craiglist Fun

Wife wants a second monitor and browses Craiglist, finds what seems like a good deal a few miles away so we head over there. First alarm...6 cars in the driveway and trash coming out of the garage. Walk to the front door and see they take their shoes off before entering house, but as I peer in the door I think...no chance am I taking my shoes off. The seller was nice enough to hook up the monitor so we could see how it works so we pop our head into the front room. Behind the two mattresses and trash with an old lady watching tv and eating chicken in one of the beds, near the cabling hanging from the walls is the monitor. Take a quick look and the monitor looks good, price is good so we say what the hell and pick it up. As we walk back to the car I make a joke about needing to wash my shoes and wife mentions...can you imagine what we didn't see.

Get home, clean the shit out of the monitor, get it set up. Monitor looks good. Wife is happy and we have a good laugh about the hell hole we went to to grab the monitor.

Flash forward an hour or two later...wife is working on setting up her office. Starts screaming...couple of cockroaches come crawling out of the monitor. Tore the office apart to make sure those were the only two...checked the car we transported it in...hope to hell those were the only two. Monitor triple bagged and out front.

Dude agreed to take the monitor and return the money.

Yes, I know...we broke some Craiglist rules, like meet them in a neutral place...but seriously...cock roach infested monitor...fucking a.

Sounds like you got the monitor from one of our neighbors. We have a hoarder on the end of the block and the sherif was called out because a renter was arguing they couldn't start stuffing more of their shit in the room he was renting. You cannot see into the garage when the door is open and there is a car completely buried under trash. 

And they aren't the only one. UPS dropped off a package that was supposed to be for across the street and I take it over myself. The neighbor opens the door and the entire downstairs is stacked with unopened boxes up to wall height. Their stairs landing is cluttered and there is only narrow walkways. I have no idea what was in the box they got or where the were going to put it but one day that house is going up in flames in a cardboard inferno. 

We use it all the time, hell, we just picked up a barely used $1200 desk, file cabinets, etc. for $400 and a Herman Miller Aeron chair for $200. Though I have a feeling moving forward we are probably going to be pretty hesitant to engage with folks who live in absolute filth.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

We use it all the time, hell, we just picked up a barely used $1200 desk, file cabinets, etc. for $400 and a Herman Miller Aeron chair for $200. Though I have a feeling moving forward we are probably going to be pretty hesitant to engage with folks who live in absolute filth.

Ha! I've purchased the same chair from Craiglist. Very comfortable and good for posture. I think mine was $300 though so congrats.

6 hours ago, red321 said:

Wife wants a second monitor and browses Craiglist, finds what seems like a good deal a few miles away so we head over there. First alarm...6 cars in the driveway and trash coming out of the garage. Walk to the front door and see they take their shoes off before entering house, but as I peer in the door I think...no chance am I taking my shoes off. The seller was nice enough to hook up the monitor so we could see how it works so we pop our head into the front room. Behind the two mattresses and trash with an old lady watching tv and eating chicken in one of the beds, near the cabling hanging from the walls is the monitor. Take a quick look and the monitor looks good, price is good so we say what the hell and pick it up. As we walk back to the car I make a joke about needing to wash my shoes and wife mentions...can you imagine what we didn't see.

Get home, clean the shit out of the monitor, get it set up. Monitor looks good. Wife is happy and we have a good laugh about the hell hole we went to to grab the monitor.

Flash forward an hour or two later...wife is working on setting up her office. Starts screaming...couple of cockroaches come crawling out of the monitor. Tore the office apart to make sure those were the only two...checked the car we transported it in...hope to hell those were the only two. Monitor triple bagged and out front.

Dude agreed to take the monitor and return the money.

Yes, I know...we broke some Craiglist rules, like meet them in a neutral place...but seriously...cock roach infested monitor...fucking a.

She sounds hot.

39 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Craigslist was a great source for Angel's tix back when they were much harder to come by. Used it many times and never had a problem of any kind.

Haha.  I bought tickets off of some guy on craigslist. We met at a starbucks and I bought 4 tickets off of him.  They were actual tickets not a computer print out. Three friends and I head to the game that night.  When we got to the gate the ticket scanner told us there was something wrong with our tickets.  We had to go to customer service and they said our tickets were fake.  I didn't understand but they finally said the SSH that owned the tickets I bought reported that someone stole their season tickets so all the barcodes on those seats were invalid and the SSH got issued new tickets. It was Salsa/chip bowl giveaway night so I asked the customer service rep if we could have a bowl anyways since I just spent $60 on fake tickets.  He laughed but said no.  Ass 

34 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Ha! I've purchased the same chair from Craiglist. Very comfortable and good for posture. I think mine was $300 though so congrats.

Most of the chairs we found were for $300/400....but we happened to be in Palm Springs a few weeks ago and looked out there. Guess the 110 heat got to the guy, he came down $100 if we promised to pick it up within 4 hours.

Surprised the dude gave you your money back, usually that question leads to all sorts of issues.

The first indicator is what city you're going to grab said item from.

Used to use Craigslist all the time. Mainly to give away free shit I didn't want to move or take to the dump.

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

Surprised the dude gave you your money back, usually that question leads to all sorts of issues.

The first indicator is what city you're going to grab said item from.

Used to use Craigslist all the time. Mainly to give away free shit I didn't want to move or take to the dump.

Yeah, I guess the dude was pretty cool for living in roach infested squalor

fuck a duck...found a roach wandering in the bathroom last night....god damn it, I should burn their house down.

22 hours ago, red321 said:

Yeah, I guess the dude was pretty cool for living in roach infested squalor

fuck a duck...found a roach wandering in the bathroom last night....god damn it, I should burn their house down.

Hopefully, there are no more. It only takes a few days for them to breed and then there will be thousands, if not tens of thousands, completely infesting every crevice and crack in and around your home. Then they might end up in the walls and attic. From there, they get into the pipes and plumbing. Next thing you know, they're crawling up your ass from inside the toilet when you're trying to enjoy a peaceful dump. And it only gets worse from there... But, I'm sure that won't happen to you.

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

Hopefully, there are no more. It only takes a few days for them to breed and then there will be thousands if not tens of thousands, completely infesting every crevice and crack in and around your home. Then they might end up in the walls and attic. From there, they get into the pipes and plumbing. Next thing you know they're crawling up your ass from inside the toilet when you're trying to enjoy a peaceful dump. And it only gets worse from there... But, I'm sure that won't happen to you.

This is an amazing post.

I've sold a few things on Craigslist.  Mainly furniture from an estate of someone we knew.  It's funny some of the reactions to the furniture too.  Had one really nice sofa, and a guy came by to look at it, and got comfy on it, and started to sniff it.  he said something was wrong with it, but I couldn't smell anything.  Then there was this other person that looked at it, and said man we've seen 9 sofa's already today.  And this is by far the best one, and took it. 

The funniest one was some guy sent a message about a wooden rocking chair that I was selling.  Saw the name, and got curious, so looked him up.  And sure enough he was like the lead guitarist for a punk metal band.  So of course, I'm skeptical that anyone will even show up to see it.  Sure enough, at the time specified, I see this tatted up guy and his wife also tatted up at the door.  They look at the rocker, sits in it and says yup I want it.  Wife asks if there is another one.  That was just weird, since it was totally opposite of who I would think would want a rocking chair.

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I've sold a few things on Craigslist.  Mainly furniture from an estate of someone we knew.  It's funny some of the reactions to the furniture too.  Had one really nice sofa, and a guy came by to look at it, and got comfy on it, and started to sniff it.  he said something was wrong with it, but I couldn't smell anything.  Then there was this other person that looked at it, and said man we've seen 9 sofa's already today.  And this is by far the best one, and took it. 

The funniest one was some guy sent a message about a wooden rocking chair that I was selling.  Saw the name, and got curious, so looked him up.  And sure enough he was like the lead guitarist for a punk metal band.  So of course, I'm skeptical that anyone will even show up to see it.  Sure enough, at the time specified, I see this tatted up guy and his wife also tatted up at the door.  They look at the rocker, sits in it and says yup I want it.  Wife asks if there is another one.  That was just weird, since it was totally opposite of who I would think would want a rocking chair.

Punk rocker?

We've been using offer up to sell a bunch of furniture. We've made a half dozen transactions or so. Only one weird one. We sold a glider and ottoman (basically a rocking chair for new moms) to a single mother. Her brother came to pick them up in his pick em up truck. Shows up to the house shirtless, with board shorts, dress shoes and some ray bans - most interesting outfit ever. 

He looks at the furniture and says "my sister is a single mom. You're not fucking her over, right?"

Me: No.

Him: We'll give you $40 for it.

Me: She agreed to $60.

Him: But this thing looks old and beat up.

Me: That's why its only $60.

Him: $45

Me: You don't have to buy it, dude.

Him: Fine, here. (He hands me cash)

He grabs the stuff and takes it out to the car.

I give the money to my wife. She counts it. 

$59

Fucker.