• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Most Valuable Player American League

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

We are acting like 2 year olds?  We gave you an answer as to why he is better, when you said he should have to lead the league in something.  You started with a ridiculous stance, we responded.  

I said if he is on a last place team he should be leading the league head and shoulders in something like those categories he isn't. if your one last place team show me something I've never seen before in a category I know not some random war stat. If he was on a better team he'd put up better run scoring and rbi numbers but he's not. He's amazing. On a last place team he shouldn't win mvp. And yes the games are relevant to other teams just not the Angels. When the Angels are in last place the only relevance there is to Angels fans or players will be how much time left till they can go on vacation. 

Trout has clearly been the most valuable player in the American League. 

• WAR - 1st
  • WRC+ - 1st
  • wOBA - 1st
  • WPA - 1st
  • WPA/LI - 1st
  • RE24 - 1st
  • REW - 1st
  • Offensive Win % - 1st
  • Adj Batting Runs - 1st
  • Adj Batting Wins - 1st
  • OBP - 1st
  • Times On Base - 1st
  • RC - 1st
  • RC27 - 1st
  • Adjusted OPS+ - 1st
  • BB - 1st
  • BA - 3rd
  • SLG - 2nd

31 minutes ago, ScottT said:

• WAR - 1st
  • WRC+ - 1st
  • wOBA - 1st
  • WPA - 1st
  • WPA/LI - 1st
  • RE24 - 1st
  • REW - 1st
  • Offensive Win % - 1st
  • Adj Batting Runs - 1st
  • Adj Batting Wins - 1st
  • OBP - 1st
  • Times On Base - 1st
  • RC - 1st
  • RC27 - 1st
  • Adjusted OPS+ - 1st
  • BB - 1st
  • BA - 3rd
  • SLG - 2nd

@Kevinb

do these stats count in reference to your question about other than WAR what does he lead the league in?  

33 minutes ago, ScottT said:

• WAR - 1st
  • WRC+ - 1st
  • wOBA - 1st
  • WPA - 1st
  • WPA/LI - 1st
  • RE24 - 1st
  • REW - 1st
  • Offensive Win % - 1st
  • Adj Batting Runs - 1st
  • Adj Batting Wins - 1st
  • OBP - 1st
  • Times On Base - 1st
  • RC - 1st
  • RC27 - 1st
  • Adjusted OPS+ - 1st
  • BB - 1st
  • BA - 3rd
  • SLG - 2nd

But other than these random stats, how has he shown that he is the best player in baseball?

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

No, other than those stats, how has he made his team post season worthy?

Nothing that I can find. A truly valuable player would be able to influence the hitters before him to get on base more, so that he could drive in more runs and lead the league in the almighty RBI, rather than padding useless stats like WAR and OBP.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

you're not as valuable when the rest of the team isn't good enough to help you win games.  This can only be understood by Nietzsche, Steven Hawking, Einstein, Jesus and members of the BBWA

There is actually truth to this statement, and it is the reason I put SOME stock into the team context. Trout leads the league in times on base, therefore he is more valuable on a team that can drive in guys on base. Trout is one of the best run producers in the game, therefore he is more valuable on a team with guys on base in front of him. This is the same argument that could be used to say that Andrelton Simmons is more valuable on a team with a pitching staff that gives up a lot of ground balls.