• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Classic Baseball Photos

3 hours ago, Redondo said:
  • Felipe Alou Mateo Alou Jesus Alou Signed 8x10 Photo Auto V13098 - PSA/DNA Certified - Autographed MLB Photos_
  • Jesus, Mateo (Matty) and Felipe Alou. The 3 brothers all played for the Giants in 1963. September 15 - A laffer won by the Giants. Felipe started and played all outfield positions. Jesus replaced McCovey and played right field. Matty replaced Willie Mays and played left. All three are in the outfield together. History!

All were fine players, and all of them had their best years outside San Francisco. Felipe was a solid producer with the Braves (and later the Expos), Jesus with the Astros and Matty with the Pirates.

I was going to mention Ainge but I ignored him because he was one of those guys that you just wanted to punch in the face for all of the on court whining he did on the Celtics when called on a foul. When Magic Johnson pulls you aside to call you a dick, you're a dick.

tumblr_makbz9cRav1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

On 8/29/2016 at 2:40 PM, fan_since79 said:

Seven members of the 1937 American League All-Star team.

Left to right: Lou Gehrig, Joe Cronin, Bill Dickey, Joe DiMaggio, Charlie Gehringer, Jimmie Foxx, and Hank Greenberg. All seven were eventually elected to the Hall of Fame.

1024px-1937_all_stars_crop_FINAL2.jpg

every time i see a picture of gehrig, i'm always impressed with how muscular his forearms were. same with foxx.

On 9/2/2016 at 4:37 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Christy Mathewson.  This is one of my all-time favorite vintage baseball player pictures.  You just don't see people who look like that anymore.

Image result for vintage baseball photos player

one of my favorite players.

this looks like a picture you'd have seen from the dust bowl in oklahoma, save for the smile.

On 9/2/2016 at 5:04 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Chuck connors, "the rifleman", pre acting career

Also played for the celtics...wtf?

f065ab393c635355094503e4c0574719.jpg

my mom was an ER nurse and treated him one night at the hospital. had to collect a urine sample from him. no further details available or desired. 

On 9/5/2016 at 3:45 PM, Redondo said:
  • Felipe Alou Mateo Alou Jesus Alou Signed 8x10 Photo Auto V13098 - PSA/DNA Certified - Autographed MLB Photos_
  • Jesus, Mateo (Matty) and Felipe Alou. The 3 brothers all played for the Giants in 1963. September 15 - A laffer won by the Giants. Felipe started and played all outfield positions. Jesus replaced McCovey and played right field. Matty replaced Willie Mays and played left. All three are in the outfield together. History!

If Moises alou was in there they wouldn't be touching his hands.

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

I was going to mention Ainge but I ignored him because he was one of those guys that you just wanted to punch in the face for all of the on court whining he did on the Celtics when called on a foul. When Magic Johnson pulls you aside to call you a dick, you're a dick.

tumblr_makbz9cRav1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Bravo, blarg. I like that you're like me, several decades later, we still hate the Celtics, on a message board of an entirely different sport.