• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols playing through messed up legs - has plantar fasciitis again

17 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well Strad I never make it personal with you or anybody here. I think this is where you cross the line sometimes with me or other posters. That's not why we are here. We are here to discuss and form opinions not attack each other. I discuss the team, players and management not posters. 

Bash equals discuss, that's weird.  I've explained to you already why your posting habits rub me the wrong way.  

If you can't see the similaririties between you and RMunkee then you are truly blind to how you post.  

My best guess is he will finish his Angels career in the DH role with only sparse games at 1st base like Ortiz did.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Pujols has had almost 80% of his at bats as a DH so far in 2016.    Can we expect the legs to be any fresher next season?   He could have a really good season with fresher legs, and being used to mainly DHing now.  

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Of course i am cherry picking but so are you.  You want to compare Alberts tenure with the greatest success in franchise history.  

In your math you to include years when we were division winners.  Albert would have never been signed if we were winning divisions!  In fact we were already in a three year playoff draught when we signed Albert.  So if you want to see what impact he has made on the team than its only fair to compare his to the status of the team prior to his joining the team. 

And if you want to determine a players value to a team based on the improved win/loss record of such team than you must do that for every player.....including Mike Trout.

Your entire methodology is flawed and inconsistently applied.  

In other words your a fraud!

Have you bought your playoff tickets yet? You better hurry before they sell out.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He has had 102 at bats so far as the 1B.   Next season, I would expect that to decrease even more.   I do hope Cron works a ton on his 1B defense in the off-season.

Yes but Cron has 246 1B at bats even though he missed some time so Albert is the permanent DH.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

An example of you discussing the team and its players. 

Strad let me ask you something. When the Angels signed Albert did you actually believe that we were going to be a much improved team that would win a championship or two or at the very least be a sustainable strong contender. Or did you think we would miss the playoffs 4 out of the first 5 seasons he's been here. Please don't tell me that you're satisfied with the results and that you're happy we have Albert Pujols. There are two wild cards Strad....wtf are we doing? We have no business missing the playoffs. Not with that payroll and Albert freaken Pujols.

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Strad let me ask you something. When the Angels signed Albert did you actually believe that we were going to be a much improved team that would win a championship or two or at the very least be a sustainable strong contender. Or did you think we would miss the playoffs 4 out of the first 5 seasons he's been here. Please don't tell me that you're satisfied with the results and that you're happy we have Albert Pujols. There are two wild cards Strad....wtf are we doing? We have no business missing the playoffs. Not with that payroll and Albert freaken Pujols.

Of course I expected us to be better but I'm not the one blaming the player.  This is on Dipoto and Arte.  You blame Albert for everything, it's total bullshit.  He was a FIVE win player the first year with the team, that's an incredibly valuable player.  That didn't stop you from blaming him from the very first season.  Claude you are wrong, it's that simple.  Look at the players that surrounded Albert in 2012, look at it now.  If you blame him then quite frankly you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, plain and simple.  You blame him for Trumbo and Morales being gone, those aren't on Albert, blame Dipoto.  You blame Albert for the contract, blame Arte.  You even tried to blame him for having Freese on the team, once again, it's just plain stupid.  You blame him for the tote board, which is literally something only you care about, that's on marketing.  You are too smart to be this ignorant. You act like a jilted lover.  I do applaud you for talking about Albert in an Albert thread, instead of every thread.  

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

and that makes you very happy.

BTW, your argument fails on so many logical levels.  Using your argument Trout, Weaver, Vladdy were all failures and should be wholly blamed for the Angels not winning a world series.

No we were very competitive with Vlad and saw a lot of post season games. Trout and Weaver were not "brought in" as signed free agents. Weaver did his job and was the Ace of the staff for a number of years. Trout is outstanding. 

15 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

No we were very competitive with Vlad and saw a lot of post season games. Trout and Weaver were not "brought in" as signed free agents. Weaver did his job and was the Ace of the staff for a number of years. Trout is outstanding. 

Interesting that you have removed any other factors so Pujols would be the only one in your formula of trollishness.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Interesting that you have removed any other factors so Pujols would be the only one in your formula of trollishness.

Drop it MT. The next 5 years of Pujols should be quite entertaining. Stay tuned to your television. With any luck we might just nab that second wild card someday.