• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols playing through messed up legs - has plantar fasciitis again

Albert is probably older and fatter than most of the people on this board.  His knees are shot.  His feet are shot.  He's got 250mil in his pocket.  It's amazing that he's able to motivate at all. We lump him and josh into the same boat because of their bad contracts, but they couldn't be much different.  

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Albert is probably older and fatter than most of the people on this board.  His knees are shot.  His feet are shot.  He's got 250mil in his pocket.  It's amazing that he's able to motivate at all. We lump him and josh into the same boat because of their bad contracts, but they couldn't be much different.  

I'm old enough to be Albert's father, but he's fatter than me and I'd blow him away in a sprint.

8 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

I'm old enough to be Albert's father, but he's fatter than me and I'd blow him away in a sprint.

But I bet you couldn't hit a baseball as far.  And I doubt that if you had plantar fascitis you would run any faster either.  Running and Plantar as mutually exclusive.  I agree with CF8, losing some weight can help, but the guy has probably built up his body weight on muscle, and as you get older it turns to fat.  I'm impressed with his determination to help this team win, but nature is getting the best of the battle.

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

But I bet you couldn't hit a baseball as far.  And I doubt that if you had plantar fascitis you would run any faster either.  Running and Plantar as mutually exclusive.  I agree with CF8, losing some weight can help, but the guy has probably built up his body weight on muscle, and as you get older it turns to fat.  I'm impressed with his determination to help this team win, but nature is getting the best of the battle.

Muscle doesn't just randomly turn to fat. Lack of diet exercise etc helps that muscle you gained turn to fat. Just like any person would. 

8 hours ago, tomsred said:

I'd agree that I can't hit a baseball as far as Albert, but I'll bet I've had more chicks than him...

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Big Poopy has somehow managed to stay healthy to age 40.

I still say that Pujols' exaggerated crouched stance at the plate for many years has led in large part to the breakdown of his legs/feet.

Yeah, but every time he gets asked about returning for another year, he says he can't because it's getting harder and harder to prepare for each season, and he's afraid his legs will fail him.