• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Star Wars news

Tank

Movie was pretty damn amazing.  Definitely made you feel the war aspect of the series.  The last 5 minutes is probably worth the entire price of admission.

I loved all the references to A New Hope and the film is full of cameos.  Just have to pay attention.  They did a very good job of bringing the nostalgia without throwing it in your face like Force Awakens did.

And while I know a lot of people are against CGI, Grand Moff Tarkin was done beautifully.  It was jaw dropping amazing how good his CGI was.

On 12/14/2016 at 11:45 PM, RallyMo said:

Rogue One is pretty good.

8/10

Saw it last night, for me it was better than The Force Awakens.   That entire third act is incredibly entertaining and as Chimi says the Tarkin stuff was out of this world awesome.  

The Vader scene really made me wish there was a standalone Vader movie coming.

CGI Tarkin was a big misstep. His presence was never convincing. It would have been ok had his appearance been limited to the reflection in the window or a hologram, but he got nearly as much screen time as Ben Mendelsohn and it was just distracting. 

Frankly, I'm kind of bored of movies about Death Stars and the rebel-empire conflict. I want to see more Jedi. 

1 hour ago, sneaky_flute said:

CGI Tarkin was a big misstep. His presence was never convincing. It would have been ok had his appearance been limited to the reflection in the window or a hologram, but he got nearly as much screen time as Ben Mendelsohn and it was just distracting. 

Frankly, I'm kind of bored of movies about Death Stars and the rebel-empire conflict. I want to see more Jedi.

You did know what this was going to be about before apparently willingly walking into what you consider boring, right?

Felt like the pacing was pretty rough. Was an interesting take to see the rebellion have it's own bickering between leaders, as the empire showed in a New hope and in this one as well.

Main characters weren't very memorable other than the smart ass droid and the blind guy and his friend. Ending was the show stealer and the thing every seems to be talking about.

Overall enjoyable, 3.5/5 for me.

Just curious.  For those that really follow the Star Wars stories and books. 

Was there ever a book about the rebels stealing the plans to the original Death Star?  According to some articles I read, this story was the brainchild of one of the ILM guys after Star Wars came out.  Just sat dormant till Kennedy took over the helm at Lucasfilm.  But was wondering if there was some other story.

I thought the blending of the new-school CGI/costumes/props with the original trilogy costumes and set models was nice.

I noticed a scene, towards the middle of the film, of ships in space that were definitely models, but only subtley noticeable.

The subtle blending of Ep 3+ and Ep 4 (movies made 28 years apart) is what made Rogue One so enjoyable.

*spoiler complaint below* 

The throw-in cameos of Ponda Baba and his ugly human friend seemed forced considering they would have needed to escape Jedda before the battle, and then go straight to Tatooine to be at the cantina when Luke and Obi Wan arrive.

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

*spoiler complaint below* 

The throw-in cameos of Ponda Baba and his ugly human friend seemed forced considering they would have needed to escape Jedda before the battle, and then go straight to Tatooine to be at the cantina when Luke and Obi Wan arrive.

They both were smugglers for Jabba the Hutt.  So it would make sense for them to go back to Tatooine after their business on Jedda was settled.  Mos Eisley was the main spaceport of Tatooine so they could have very easily walked into the cantina to get a drink after just arriving to the planet.

Is this story possibly from one of the fan-submitted stories? They opened things up a few years ago to let people submit stories (one of the guys I used to sing with wrote a SW book) so I figured this story must have emanated from there.

Now that I think about it, the timing actually works out.

Originally I thought there was no way those two could have both escaped Jedha and also had time to get to Tatooine and catch the group at the cantina.

On second thought, the whole opening half hour of Episode 4 is that period between Leia receiving the plans and Luke finding Obi Wan and heading to Mos Eisley. That is easily several days or even weeks.