• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Blue Jays 8/24 4:07

Robrock30

2 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Hahahahaha holy crap, this is too funny because that isn't what I asked you..weak Nancy!

WAR is just one stat, it's not the holy grail that you seem to think it is.

State something untrue, have it debunked, respond like a child. Good stuff.

26 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

People are acting like he's Mike Schmidt or something. lol

That's what I'm saying. 

EDIT: a bird in the hand is worth two Cowarts.

Yeah, um, no one is "acting like he's Mike Schmidt" so, don't know where that is coming from.  He's a better fielder and baserunners than Escobar...that's not up for debate.  Same with Escobar's value with a bat, his only value, over Cowart.  The ideal situation is to get both players on the field at the same time thus allowing the Angels to keep Escobar's bat in the lineup while limiting his defensive lapses on throws and general lack of range, which, over the course of a season, will cost the team in run prevention.  The best way to minimize Escobar's defensive shittiness is having him play the rest of the year at 2B or LF and Cowart and his superior glover take over at 3B.  As this is an unlikely scenario, a solid alternative is to start Cowart at 2B the rest of the season in case they plan on keeping Escobar for starting 3B next season

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Escobar has been the best lead off hitter since Figgins.

Cron drives in a run!

5-0 Angels.

Except that Figgy could actually catch & throw a ball very well

was valuable at many positions, had great speed  & could also run the bases without looking 

like a clown!

Other than that, Escobar is great! :)

1 minute ago, Oz27 said:

State something untrue, have it debunked, respond like a child. Good stuff.

Your WAR stat debunked nothing. The only thing it proved is that you always hang your hat on that one stat.

You also proved that you have trouble with comprehension which was proved out when you grossly misquoted me.

Weak Nancy.

3 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Your WAR stat debunked nothing. The only thing it proved is that you always hang your hat on that one stat.

You also proved that you have trouble with comprehension which was proved out when you grossly misquoted me.

Weak Nancy.

I showed you 2014 Calhoun was better than 2016 Escobar by OPS, OPS+ and wRC+. He was therefore a better leadoff hitter. Your "best leadoff hitter since Figgins" is therefore untrue. But keep saying it like it's true anyway, "Nancy".

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, um, no one is "acting like he's Mike Schmidt" so, don't know where that is coming from.  He's a better fielder and baserunners than Escobar...that's not up for debate.  Same with Escobar's value with a bat, his only value, over Cowart.  The ideal situation is to get both players on the field at the same time thus allowing the Angels to keep Escobar's bat in the lineup while limiting his defensive lapses on throws and general lack of range, which, over the course of a season, will cost the team in run prevention.  The best way to minimize Escobar's defensive shittiness is having him play the rest of the year at 2B or LF and Cowart and his superior glover take over at 3B.  As this is an unlikely scenario, a solid alternative is to start Cowart at 2B the rest of the season in case they plan on keeping Escobar for starting 3B next season

I'd like to see Cowart succeed but he can't hit, maybe he'll get better, I like his glove also but the minors are full of guys just like him and I just don't see why he gets so much love.

12 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I showed you 2014 Calhoun was better than 2016 Escobar by OPS, OPS+ and wRC+. He was therefore a better leadoff hitter. Your "best leadoff hitter since Figgins" is therefore untrue. But keep saying it like it's true anyway, "Nancy".

No, you proved nothing. What you did was express your opinion based on WAR. The fact is that Escobar out hit him this year (by a lot) and had a higher OBP which proves my point about him being the best lead off hitter since Figgins. But like most, but not all metrics guys, you ignore everything that isn't WAR related.

btw...the Angels scored again and lead 8-0!

Could you repeat how crappy the Angels are..we just can't get enough of it Nancy.

11 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I'd like to see Cowart succeed but he can't hit, maybe he'll get better, I like his glove also but the minors are full of guys just like him and I just don't see why he gets so much love.

He can't hit?  I'd give him more than a handful of at bats.  Trout hit .220 in 2011 and took him awhile to hit his stride

6 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

He can't hit?  I'd give him more than a handful of at bats.  Trout hit .220 in 2011 and took him awhile to hit his stride

Hey, I hope he hits .300 from now on but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The point is that he hasn't done anything that would warrant him being just given the third base job.

4 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I like his glove also but the minors are full of guys just like him and I just don't see why he gets so much love.

The guys just like him are not on our team therefore, I would like Cowart to prove he can hit like he did last year at Salt Lake. If he is able to hit .280/.320 and play GG

9 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The fact is that Escobar out hit him this year (by a lot) and had a higher OBP which proves my point about him being the best lead off hitter since Figgins.

There is more to being a leadoff hitter than getting on base. Speed and the ability to get into scoring position counts a lot.

13 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

No, you proved nothing. What you did was express your opinion based on WAR. The fact is that Escobar out hit him this year (by a lot) and had a higher OBP which proves my point about him being the best lead off hitter since Figgins. But like most, but not all metrics guys, you ignore everything that isn't WAR related.

btw...the Angels scored again and lead 8-0!

Could you repeat how crappy the Angels are..we just can't get enough of it Nancy.

This is getting ridiculous. It has been shown via WAR, OPS, OPS+ and wRC+,runs scored and base running. You are sticking with AVG and OBP only so you are the one ignoring more metrics.

I'm on neither side of your little argument but can you both agree to disagree and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Dipoto's Voodoo Doll said:

This is getting ridiculous. It has been shown via WAR, OPS, OPS+ and wRC+,runs scored and base running. You are sticking with AVG and OBP only so you are the one ignoring more metrics.

I'm on neither side of your little argument but can you both agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I'm not having an argument. lol