• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Giavotella DFA'ed; Cowart recalled

totdprods

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'm hoping they released Gia in hopes he can catch on with a playoff team as bench depth before September 1st.  

He'd fit pretty well on an NL club - Giants? Marlins? - really his best attribute is pinch-hitting as he was clutch as hell, made contact, and could run a bit. An NL roster would have more flexibility in using him in conjunction with defensive replacements, double switches, and pinch hitting.

Who knows, maybe we even find someone who flips a low-level prospect our way for him. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Interesting that this happens the day after I say that Escobar and Giavotella should not be in the cards for this team moving forward because we need to focus on putting some first class defenders in the infield. Petite, Pennington and Cowart will be fighting it out for the majority of playing time going forward.

The only conclusion I can draw from your post is that Eppler reads this board and he really values your insight.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Yeah I doubt many teams are checking the waiver wire for a RH hitter with little power or on base skills and limited defensive versatility. Seems like something every team should already have stashed at AAA.

But he's so clutch! You can't teach clutch 

14 hours ago, totdprods said:

If 2017 started today, I would be fine with Escobar at 3B, and one of Pennington/Petit at 2B and the other UT IF, with Cowart back at SLC as the first one up if any of the above get hurt.

Escobar and Pennington are both tradeable assets over the next year, and so long as they're producing, I'm fine with them in the lineup to build up some value. In fact, Cowart probably builds up a tad bit of value if he is raking in SLC. 

And if Cowart is traded, who plays 3B after 2017????

4 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Unlike recent GMs, Eppler seems to have no problem dumping dead weight off the roster once he knows it's dead. I like it!

Yeah that was one constant criticism I had with Dipoto, whom I liked when he was GM. He seemed to really hold onto guys he had brought in. Reagins too.

Eppler seems much quicker at pulling the trigger.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Yeah that was one constant criticism I had with Dipoto, whom I liked when he was GM. He seemed to really hold onto guys he had brought in. Reagins too.

Eppler seems much quicker at pulling the trigger.

Yep, seems like once he thinks he has a viable replacement, the trigger is pulled.