• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Metallica song; album out in November

Glen

19 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

if their therapist didn't write the lyrics... im just not interested.

In the doc, Some Kind of Monster (if that's what you're talking about--and I believe that it is), the therapist is a crack up. It's funny as hell when he starts making suggestions about the music and submitting lyrics.

If you have any interest in MetallicA I suggest listening to Death Magnetic, it's actually pretty good.

This is alright, not as good as some of the songs on Death Magnetic. I'm glad Kirk squeezes a solo in there, he's freakin awesome. However I feel like they repeat the very basic riff too much in this song. I'll give the album a listen when it comes out.

20 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Like the song...Definite call back to "Damage Inc" in some parts. 

8 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

If you have any interest in MetallicA I suggest listening to Death Magnetic, it's actually pretty good.

This is alright, not as good as some of the songs on Death Magnetic. I'm glad Kirk squeezes a solo in there, he's freakin awesome. However I feel like they repeat the very basic riff too much in this song. I'll give the album a listen when it comes out.

Oh for fucks sake are you people for real?  This is the definition of garbage sell out Metallica.  This new song is right along those lines.  They probably hired Lady Gaga to help them with the formula to get it on the radio.

I guess if you like Death Magnetic then you would like this song.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Oh for fucks sake are you people for real?  This is the definition of garbage sell out Metallica.  This new song is right along those lines.  They probably hired Lady Gaga to help them with the formula to get it on the radio.

I like it.  My opinion.  It's music, not life-changing shit but, hey, you earned the "I'll-never-like-their-music-after-Justice" achievement, so congrats on that.

The "Black Album" had some great songs on it.  It a giant shift in tone but they stated the audience was bored as shit watching 9 minutes epic songs banged out for seemingly the artists own amusement.  They intentionality set out to stream line the songs and sought out Bob Rock to make that happen.  The result was 20+million albums sold and a 3 year world tour.  After that, they pretty much exhausted the path they'd tread to that point and they wanted to do something different, hence "Load" and "Re-Load".  Artists have to evolve, it's way it is, otherwise you are AC/DC who haven't had a good album of songs since "Razor's Edge" in '91.  Metallica tried to change direction but it had mixed results.  If they had taken the best songs off "Load" and "Re-Load" and put it out as one album of 10 songs, they would have been fine but there was too much filler between the two to have either be great albums on their own.  After that, they should have just come out with one CD of the covers they did throughout their career (Stone Cold Crazy, Breadfan, etc) and left off the self-indulgent second CD because, honestly, no one really about their covers of, for example, BOC's "Astronomy"...it was a good cover but really no one cares.  "S&M" was pure hubris in the classic "I did it because I could and knew you would by it mode" and people did.  Finally, they were lost on "St. Anger"...they wanted to get to someplace and they didn't know how and it was obvious in the production.  The entire album sounded like viewing an unedited European Arthouse film.  The songs were essentially demos released with no oversight.  Sad part is there was some decent elements (Frantic, St Anger, Dirty Window) buthe it really needed a lot of work.  "Death Magnetic" was closer to what they probably searching for some songs were unnecessarily long which made for an endurance listen at times.  I'm excited for this release because it might be the first time in 20 years they give us something between "AJFA" and the "Black Album".

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

The "Black Album" had some great songs on it.  It a giant shift in tone but they stated the audience was bored as shit watching 9 minutes epic songs banged out for seemingly the artists own amusement.  They intentionality set out to stream line the songs and sought out Bob Rock to make that happen.  The result was 20+million albums sold and a 3 year world tour.  After that, they pretty much exhausted the path they'd tread to that point and they wanted to do something different, hence "Load" and "Re-Load".  Artists have to evolve, it's way it is, otherwise you are AC/DC who haven't had a good album of songs since "Razor's Edge" in '91.  Metallica tried to change direction but it had mixed results.  If they had taken the best songs off "Load" and "Re-Load" and put it out as one album of 10 songs, they would have been fine but there was too much filler between the two to have either be great albums on their own.  After that, they should have just come out with one CD of the covers they did throughout their career (Stone Cold Crazy, Breadfan, etc) and left off the self-indulgent second CD because, honestly, no one really about their covers of, for example, BOC's "Astronomy"...it was a good cover but really no one cares.  "S&M" was pure hubris in the classic "I did it because I could and knew you would by it mode" and people did.  Finally, they were lost on "St. Anger"...they wanted to get to someplace and they didn't know how and it was obvious in the production.  The entire album sounded like viewing an unedited European Arthouse film.  The songs were essentially demos released with no oversight.  Sad part is there was some decent elements (Frantic, St Anger, Dirty Window) buthe it really needed a lot of work.  "Death Magnetic" was closer to what they probably searching for some songs were unnecessarily long which made for an endurance listen at times.  I'm excited for this release because it might be the first time in 20 years they give us something between "AJFA" and the "Black Album".

I saw them three times on the Damaged Justice Tour and no one in the crowd looked bored AT ALL. I saw them on the Black Album tour and it was a snoozefest. I think they changed direction musically for a bunch of reasons. It's obvious they were aware that they were one step away from reaching another level of success. Hence, bringing in Bob Rock. Another reason they changed musically was because Lars isn't a good drummer. I read an article that came out right before the Black Album was released where Lars said they had to write shorter, slower songs because he couldn't keep up the frenetic pace over the span of a two-hour show--which explains his 180 degree turn in playing style. I recall Lars saying something to the effect of how he wanted to play like Phil Rudd on the Black Album because it was solid rock drumming and wasn't so technically challenging. I agree that the Black Album had a couple of decent tunes. I've always liked Wherever I May Roam and Through the Never. The rest are shit though. One of the band's biggest problems is that Lars is too concerned with musical trends. His being into Oasis and other alternative groups caused them to do the Load/Reload crap. When they did St. Anger, nu metal was popular, so Lars insisted they leave out the guitar solos. Basically, what I think I'm saying is that Lars sucks and is the cause of most of society's ills. 

8 hours ago, nate said:

I agree. The chorus of "We're so fucked. Shit out of luck" is definitely meant to garner radio play. Fucking sellouts. 

12 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

I saw them three times on the Damaged Justice Tour and no one in the crowd looked bored AT ALL. I saw them on the Black Album tour and it was a snoozefest. I think they changed direction musically for a bunch of reasons. It's obvious they were aware that they were one step away from reaching another level of success. Hence, bringing in Bob Rock. Another reason they changed musically was because Lars isn't a good drummer. I read an article that came out right before the Black Album was released where Lars said they had to write shorter, slower songs because he couldn't keep up the frenetic pace over the span of a two-hour show--which explains his 180 degree turn in playing style. I recall Lars saying something to the effect of how he wanted to play like Phil Rudd on the Black Album because it was solid rock drumming and wasn't so technically challenging. I agree that the Black Album had a couple of decent tunes. I've always liked Wherever I May Roam and Through the Never. The rest are shit though. One of the band's biggest problems is that Lars is too concerned with musical trends. His being into Oasis and other alternative groups caused them to do the Load/Reload crap. When they did St. Anger, nu metal was popular, so Lars insisted they leave out the guitar solos. Basically, what I think I'm saying is that Lars sucks and is the cause of most of society's ills. 

Load and Reload are nothing like Oasis. I'd say they're far closer to Corrosion of Conformity, a band they all enjoy (and they've been good friends with the lead singer/guitarist for a long time).

As for St. Anger, you got me there. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking. At least they acknowledge how bad it is and almost never play anything from it. 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Load and Reload are nothing like Oasis. I'd say they're far closer to Corrosion of Conformity, a band they all enjoy (and they've been good friends with the lead singer/guitarist for a long time).

As for St. Anger, you got me there. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking. At least they acknowledge how bad it is and almost never play anything from it. 

I know those albums aren't like Oasis at all. What I meant is that he was into the whole alternative music scene, in general. Which is why they started dressing up like dipshits. They were trying to remain relevant because alternative bands were all the rage. Metal had lost it's steam. Metallica aren't the only metal band that changed at the time either. Anthrax ditched Joey Belladonna for John Bush because they thought Joey's style of singing wouldn't be embraced by alternative audiences. Megadeth put out some downright horrible records during the 90s too. The difference is Anthrax's latest album (with Joey Belladonna on vocals) is as good as anything they've ever done. After Metallica sold out to remain commercially popular, they have never managed to regain what made them great. Maybe because their first four albums set such a high standard.