• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/19 Yankees @ Angels

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I like Buss more than anyone else we have put in LF this season.  

He certainly hasn't looked overmatched since coming up. Seems a lot of folks here may be a little too shell-shocked to talk about him yet, but I have some optimism after his first few games.

Yankees

1. Jacob Ellsbury (L) CF
2. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
3. Gary Sanchez (R) C
4. Brian McCann (L) DH
5. Starlin Castro (R) 2B
6. Aaron Judge (R) RF
7. Aaron Hicks (S) LF
8. Tyler Austin (R) 1B
9. Ronald Torreyes (R) 3B

Gary Sanchez has finally arrived and he looks very good defensively and offensively.

Aaron Judge also

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He certainly hasn't looked overmatched since coming up. Seems a lot of folks here may be a little too shell-shocked to talk about him yet, but I have some optimism after his first few games.

Yeah, I'm holding back until I see more.  He's only had 21 AB so far.

The most excited I've been about our LF this year was actually Rafael Ortega earlier this year when he was on fire. I thought we'd found an elite defensive, top of the order option for a hot second....

Then the league adjusted or he went ice cold, either or.

I was also quite fond of the Choi/Marte platoon, but there's just no defense there. Maybe Buss is just as good as his numbers said in AAA. That'd be a pleasant surprise.

40 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

The most excited I've been about our LF this year was actually Rafael Ortega earlier this year when he was on fire. I thought we'd found an elite defensive, top of the order option for a hot second....

Then the league adjusted or he went ice cold, either or.

I was also quite fond of the Choi/Marte platoon, but there's just no defense there. Maybe Buss is just as good as his numbers said in AAA. That'd be a pleasant surprise.

I'd like to see Ortega, Choi, and Marte continue to get an extended look as the year goes on. All three are still awfully young, and the benefit of one of them emerging is far worth the sacrifice of '16 at-bats. 

Buss has done OK for 9 games. So did Ortega. So have some others. Then they get found out and spiral back to AAA. Probably won't happen to Buss because AAA's season ends in a couple of weeks. But he was floating around the Dodgers farm since 2008 before he moved along. He's an older minor leaguer.

We need actual major league players. Maybe Eppler can develop a few like Tyler Austin, Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez. (Going out on a limb for three guys called up last week, but they have spoken loudly with their bats so far.)

:dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

GO ANGELS!!! Go Jered Weaver!!!!

Dig deep and come up with a blast from your increasingly distant past, Jered. Give the winning streak a chance actually become a winning streak.

Go Albert and Yunel, keep on sizzling with the bat. Put up some runs and RBIs. Get back on track Mikey.

Just to head off some questions that may arise around 7 p.m. It's Fox Sports 1, not Fox Sports West.