• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Heyman: Execs have no idea why Scioscia still employed

nate

2 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Zero!!! Scioscia had a chance to opt out of his contract. No takers. Joe opted out. 

anyone ever experience that sticky booger?  The one you try to flick but it goes from thumb to finger to thumb to finger and finally you just wipe it on that plant in the office?  

anyway, something just reminded me of that but I'm not sure what.  

46 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

"Mike Scioscia is a great manager and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about."

- certain posters here. Not many, but some.

I'd be curious to know who you think that is.  Most defend again him against the unnecessary lack of respect and absurd extremes of which they complain about him.  

I doubt that anyone thinks he's great except Troll Daddy.  

Mike has 2 more years right after this? The only way Mike is gone while Eppler is still here would be before next year otherwise Eppler will have to be fired and then it's a clean slate and everyone's gone and start over. No way Eppler is here two years then fires Mike hires a manager and then if the Angels fire Eppler the year after only giving the new manager one year. It won't happen. Mike will have to be gone next year or the next move that's made will be Mike and Eppler stay together for a while or Eppler and Mike are gone at the same time. 

13 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I don't think it's really hard to understand at all. Most (nearly all managers) don't manage by the sabermetrics book. So it's all a matter of degree. Scioscia has done a great job managing the pen according to stats guys and has generally gotten the team to a better record than their pythagorean record. Also, while many on this board think that making knee jerk reactions and hitting emotional highs and lows after every game is good the even keel approach is probably better for a team's mentality over the course of a 162 game season or many seasons.

Isn't pythag based solely on run differential, so it's easily skewed by lopsided wins and losses? Also, we're 6 games worse than our pythag this year. 

5 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Isn't pythag based solely on run differential, so it's easily skewed by lopsided wins and losses? Also, we're 6 games worse than our pythag this year. 

I said generally. There have been many years we've performed worse than our Pythagorean total. There have just been more when we've performed better.

The bigger issue with this isn't that it's skewed by blowouts but that Scioscia's management leads to a worse run differential. 

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

"Mike Scioscia is a great manager and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about."

- certain posters here. Not many, but some.

God, this post is the lowest common denominator of posts.

Horrible, horrible contribution.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

I defend him against illogical criticism. He's not perfect but he's the best we've had in my 40 years of watching, then again I don't remember Fregosi or Mauch very well.  

In my 52 years of fandom, Mike is the best. This year and 2003 with all the injuries, shit happens.

Edited by Dick B Back
Because I am the king of typos!

I don't think anyone on here thinks Sosh is flawless.  I've seen every poster here criticize one or more of his basic tenants.

From the handling of rookies, to the choice of Mathis, to bullpen management and other in game decisions I have seen the spectrum.

So when people come to his defense its likely that the criticism is either petty (not liking what he says in interviews), illogical (thinking that any other manager could make them play better this season) or just plain moronic.