• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Heyman: Execs have no idea why Scioscia still employed

nate

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Kind of off topic (but any thread longer than 2 pages ends up there anyway). Most of the guys i talk to arent of the sabr mindset. I think were still years away from that being the case, especially with younger guys. But one person i regularly go to well so to speak has nailed almost every world series winner, and guy whos gonna make it vs overhyped prospect over the last several years.

Ill never admit it to him, but ive quietly been impressed, mostly because i thought he was so wrong at the time (like big named young guys today being picked 3 years ago, and guys we had high hopes on that failed badly, a la wood). My point in mentioning this is that while i totally agree sosh seems like a caveman, sometimes there will be factors beyond the box score we cant see as bystanders.

what-the-hell-lkeeha.jpg

With all due respect, this needs a rewrite.

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, like the second inning with two on and no outs because playing for one run that early in the game is smart baseball. Just ask Torii. 

Yeah, didn't get the criticism.  What non-NL team would ever bunt in the 2nd inning to play for for 1 run in a 1st and 2nd, no out, situation.  The only caveat to the that was Mathis ab's which is equivalent of a pitcher but Mouse-hair was clutch and could handle the bat.  Hunter was solid player and good teammate but his baseball knowledge and the dumb shit that would come out of his mouth at times would counteract some of the positives.   

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

FWIW, it was LaRussa who invented the 1 inning reliever and landed Eckersly in the HoF in the process. And I can't remember the last time the Angels had 2 reliable lefties in the pen that would warrant using a 3rd pitcher in the inning.

It's been tough enough having ONE quality lefty in the pen, much less two.   Oliver and Downs were the most recent, quite a while back.

• 1 year later...

I was just doing a little light reading and stumbled upon this thread. Some of my favorites:

On August 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Dochalo said:

anyone ever experience that sticky booger?  The one you try to flick but it goes from thumb to finger to thumb to finger and finally you just wipe it on that plant in the office?  

anyway, something just reminded me of that but I'm not sure what.  

On August 18, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Stradling said:

"Mike Scioscia told Trout, Albert and Howie to suck in the playoffs"

some other people here

On August 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM, fan_since79 said:

"Mike Scioscia is a great manager and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about."

- certain posters here. Not many, but some.

On August 19, 2016 at 8:29 AM, JarsOfClay said:

Nothing is ever his fault, he gets all the credit and none of the blame.

On August 20, 2016 at 0:50 AM, Inside Pitch said:

This Fletcher fellow has a knack for narrative busting.

On August 20, 2016 at 0:59 AM, Sciosciapath said:

are you rubbing ice cream all over yourself and your giant head? talk dirty tdawg

On August 20, 2016 at 1:03 AM, tdawg87 said:

I'm never not doing that.

On August 20, 2016 at 11:18 AM, FabulousFabregas said:

The Angels have made the playoffs one time in the last 7 years.  That is completely unacceptable.

On August 20, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Good talk 

On 8/25/2016 at 7:28 AM, yk9001 said:

what-the-hell-lkeeha.jpg

With all due respect, this needs a rewrite.

Year later my response.

I have to be ambiguous to not reveal who i am to people who read this board, and to not reveal who i talk to...who also read this board...and who wouldnt talk to me if they knew i wrote about our conversations on here.

What i said in the original post is one person in particular (a player) has been 90 percent right picking the world series winner and real prospects vs hype over the lsst several years. He, and the other guy i talk to, arent at all about sabr stats. So in terms of sosh, where we mock him for not being a sabr guy, sometimes theres things beyond stats we outsiders dont see.

1 minute ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Once again Scioscia has been handed the keys to a Lamborghini, my guess is he will do what he always does.lam.thumb.jpg.614be46edbabc4a2cd6fb2aa2073bd31.jpg

Really?  He has been handed the key to a Lambo?  What the hell are the Dodgers, Indians, Astros, Red Sox, Cubs or any of those types of teams if the Angels are a Lambo?  

22 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels have played one of the weakest schedules in baseball, they should be doing a lot better.  The Angels should have no excuses not to make the playoffs.

Yea, except for all of the injuries and the lack of production from 2nd base, 3rd base, left field and 1st base for most of the season.  

10 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Maybe these things happen because Scioscia sucks as a manager.  Angel pitchers have to work harder because of Scioscia is playing for one run instead of  playing for the big inning. Hitters fatten up on bad relief pitchers, Angel hitters don't see them as often as other teams, because Scioscia is playing for one run.

No, but you are not smart to assume this.  By the way the Angels are middle of the pack in the AL in sacrifices and number one in stolen bases.  You see what you want to see with isn't reality.  Show a recent stat to go with your bitching.  

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels have played one of the weakest schedules in baseball, they should be doing a lot better.  The Angels should have no excuses not to make the playoffs.

Good Lord...   can you please just stop with the stupid... 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos

Fourth toughest schedule in 2017...

3 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Maybe these things happen because Scioscia sucks as a manager.  Angel pitchers have to work harder because of Scioscia is playing for one run instead of  playing for the big inning. Hitters fatten up on bad relief pitchers, Angel hitters don't see them as often as other teams, because Scioscia is playing for one run.

Ill play along....who besides trout strikes you as a big inning hitter?

And along with that answer, whos the 2 guys consistently on to get us that big e run shot?

The team still has to win those games. The A's put an 8 spot on them last Wednesday and the Angels still played tough the rest of the game and won. That wasn't random chance that they didn't give up. 

Edited by Blarg

15 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You want current, like the month of Aug. Angels played the mighty Phillies 3 times, the powerful A's 6 times and the Texas Rangers 4 times and the Seattle Mariners 4 times who are playing less then .500 ball.

And we went 18-10, sorry but you are a joke and special.