• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Rampaging South Sudan troops raped foreigners, killed local

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

The U.N. is so useless.

that is awful and the fact that the U.N. doesn't give a rip isn't surprising and the fact that the U.S. did nothing is pathetic but unsurprising as well.

I think Africa is worse than the Middle East.

In all reality, north africa is the middle east. These areas were referencing are closer to mecca than say pakistan/afghanistan

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

i have great respect for aid workers who go into some of the most miserable places. i'm not gifted with that interest. stories like this are a good reminder that sometimes self-preservation is more important than the mission you went there to fulfill.

Agreed, as sad as it is. I dont mean this in terms of nates badass eagle boner picture, but everyday i thank the gods i live here. We have our problems no doubt. But some places on earth on hell personified. And its all just dumb luck where we were born, and to whom.

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Too soon, arch. Lets wait a few days before we mention something getting blown up their asses.

On another note, are you in saudi or somewhere else in the emirates? If so, are you free to head out into the city if you choose to, or are you pretty much told to stay on post (or your living area)?

That compound is in Saudi. I was spending half my nights here and half with my wife and daughter in Bahrain but since we have a 4 month old baby I spend most nights in Bahrain now. 

There are a few areas we avoid but for the most part we travel freely. But as you can see we're pretty full up inside the wire. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

That compound is in Saudi. I was spending half my nights here and half with my wife and daughter in Bahrain but since we have a 4 month old baby I spend most nights in Bahrain now. 

There are a few areas we avoid but for the most part we travel freely. But as you can see we're pretty full up inside the wire. 

If your ordered a pizza....SAUSAGE and mushroom...good to go, or no?

Getting back on topic, one of two things happened. Either the peacekeeping forces of 3 different countries refused to do the only thing they were sent there to do, or the honchos at the UN compound were afraid they would be overrun and chose to let the troops stay in place to guard them. Either way it points out the uselessness of these multinational forces with no positive command in place and no real personal consequence for refusing to act. Huge waste of money. Apparently somebody is profiting nicely from prolonging these civil wars.

12 hours ago, arch stanton said:

No go on the pork in Saudi and it's only in limited places in Bahrain but I have a stash in my freezer. $8 or $9 for a pack of bacon and $15 for a pound of ham but other stuff is dirt cheap so it balances out.

Psyops could probably end a great deal of the fighting if cooking bacon was allowed to waft over the trench lines

10 minutes ago, nate said:

Despite all of the fear mongering, the world is safer and more peaceful than it has ever been.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/16/12486586/2016-worst-year-ever-violence-trump-terrorism

Hard to give credit to the current or past administration for a trend that has been going on for the last few centuries.

Aside from the fact that is basically an editorial I doubt it brings much comfort to all of those places where people are killed on a daily basis.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Yeah I am not crediting an administration but overall foreign and global policy.

The recent kill brown people sentiment is worrisome though.

Speaking of Trump and his stupid vitriol, its funny how much Clinton calls him out on that (rightfully so) when Obama has been responsible for the upkick in killing brown people and it hard to believe she won't continue it or be worse.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Speaking of Trump and his stupid vitriol, its funny how much Clinton calls him out on that (rightfully so) when Obama has been responsible for the upkick in killing brown people and it hard to believe she won't continue it or be worse.

We are killing fewer brown people than W aren't we?  But I agree with you, she is a classic pro-military war monger.  Obama and his Hope and Change was just status quo