• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/13 Angels @ Indians: Nick Buss in CF

39 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I might agree with you, but how those teams play against the Angels is not a good gauge.

I'm hoping the Angels can somehow overtake Oakland for fourth place before the gap becomes too wide.

Lets hope the Angels finish right above the protected pick cause that would be great long term 

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They've officially checked out.

But...Scioscia. 

Agree that no manager could make chicken salad out of this chicken shit, but this team is downright embarrassing. Some of that would seemingly reflect on the manager. 

7 minutes ago, ScottDiL said:

People on our MLB message board are wondering what happened to your Angels board on MLB?

It's embarrassing.  MLB settled out of court with a family who claimed their loved one knocked himself off after getting banned from the board.  They had a bad feeling about another poster and the MLB legal team wanted the board shut.  Both posters should have been banned.  Bush League to let a couple of nuts torpedo the board IMO.

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

But...Scioscia. 

Agree that no manager could make chicken salad out of this chicken shit, but this team is downright embarrassing. Some of that would seemingly reflect on the manager. 

He'll get a pass because injuries.

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

But...Scioscia. 

Part of it is that the Cubs and Indians are good teams, but it is still frustrating. Each game so far seems to follow the same losing pattern.  I get discouraged when we can't do better when Skaggs and Shoemaker are pitching.

2 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

It's embarrassing.  MLB settled out of court with a family who claimed their loved one knocked himself off after getting banned from the board.  They had a bad feeling about another poster and the MLB legal team wanted the board shut.  Both posters should have been banned.  Bush League to let a couple of nuts torpedo the board IMO.

The Angels were about the ninth team to shut down their MLB boards. I never saw any explanations. But legal expenses make the most sense. And if I think hard about it, which would take too much energy to bother with, I could probably guess who the fatally banned poster -- or the poster's fake name -- was. It makes more sense than my imaginary guesses. But there were some nasty comments that went outside the pale about the owner, race issues, other posters and, of course, Mike.

34 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Some members were throwing too many insults directly toward Arte. Arte decided he didn't need that bleep so he unplugged that MLB board. At least that's my guess.

Ok thanks that is as good as a guess as possible.  We only have a small group of regulars on ours but the ridiculous censoring is annoying.   

13 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

The Angels were about the ninth team to shut down their MLB boards. I never saw any explanations. But legal expenses make the most sense. And if I think hard about it, which would take too much energy to bother with, I could probably guess who the fatally banned poster -- or the poster's fake name -- was. It makes more sense than my imaginary guesses. But there were some nasty comments that went outside the pale about the owner, race issues, other posters and, of course, Mike.

It's Trouttahere posted it in the MLB forum, and it was promptly deleted.  We don't really get to know each other when we don't meet in person, but I think he is an influential person who can find some inside info.  I believe it.  

I didn't know other MLB boards shut down.