• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Indians 8/12 4:10

Robrock30

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Like what?  Seriously, what?  We have a bullpen made by cast offs of other teams.  We have a revolving door at 2nd base.  We have guys like Marte, Petit, Choi and Robertson getting everyday at bats.  Our best arms are Skaggs, who either isn't ready to be back or is going through a dead arm period, and Shoe.  The other three starters are, last year Weaver, shitty Nolasco and shittier Chacin.  We don't have a team that's capable of putting pressure on a pitcher or defense.  We have a team of one dimensional players, and for most these players that one dimension is shit.  

Exactly my point. When did we become this?

Who purchased these lemons? 

Something better change!?  But if I could tell you what, "It" would me making fistfuls of cash, while driving the team to their Eighth consecutive loss.

I'm NOT the boss, but the idiot that helps fund this team, as minute as it is....

Jefrey Marte, Ji-Man Choi, Cliff Pennington, Shane Robinson, Gregorio Petit, John Giavotella and Gio Soto are always or often in the Angels starting lineup. They are the best the Angels can muster at this point for the jobs they are assigned. A couple of  these guys might be able to find a spot on the bench of the Cubs, Indians, Giants, or some other playoff contender.

Shoemaker might find work as a fourth starter on a contender. Skaggs might be a five somewhere. The rest of the rotation are all DFA candidates for a good team -- or, in the case of Chacin, even the Braves. The one relief pitcher who was attractive to a contender found a job with the Cubs, but not at the back end.

The end result is an August tailspin that might go on for awhile.

Game over, Indians win.

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They appear to be just going through the motions right now. Lifeless.

That protected pick is something to shoot for, I guess.

What's got to be discouraging is when the Angels jump out to a quick lead, or the other team scores first and the Angels quickly catch up, then the meltdown occurs.

Just now, California Cajun said:

What's got to be discouraging is when the Angels jump out to a quick lead, or the other team scores first and the Angels quickly catch up, then the meltdown occurs.

Exactly. I have a feeling that "just going through the motion" is a result of the hitters knowing they have to put up at least 6 runs a game to have a chance. I'm sure most of them are feeling the pressure, or at least some are.

Pressure+shitty pitching+ left field, first base, second base platoon+ age (for some)= Exhaustion-> going through the motion. 

12 hours ago, RyanExpress30 said:

Need new manager and new GM.  This team is not only bad this year, but the next 2-3.  Rangers and Astros will battle for the division until 2020.

New manager and GM? What is that going to help with the roster they are given?