• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who put Vernon Wells in Mike Trout's body?

nate

I know I'm a Rangers fan, but as an outsider maybe I can offer some objective insight. 

Have you noticed that the Angels have gotten worse every year since they brought Trout to the majors?  Second place when they first brought him up, if I recall.. Third place last year.  Fourth now. 

It might be time to trade him to the Rangers for David Murphy before they wind up in last place. 

I know, I know, it's risky trading players to a competitor in the same division, but hear me out.  This could be a good "change of scenery" move for both teams.  Look at how Wells is doing for the Yankees and how well Blanco Cahones is doing for the Angels organization, for example. 

Another hidden aspect of this trade proposal is the salary implication. I know Trout's salary has been a burr in Dipoto's saddle. Remember what a pain it was for Dipoto to increase Trout's salary $25,000 this year. Well, the Rangers might offer to take on half of Trout's salary which might please Dipoto and help tide the Angels over until the TV deal kicks in.  It's only going to get worse. Trout might be asking for another $500 or so next year. You wouldn't want that to get out of hand, right?

And what kind of signal would that send to Pujols and Hamilton if they paid Trout that much?  The might start asking for more money as well. Like maybe they might pressure Moreno for an extension. 

Anyway, food for thought.   

I know I'm a Rangers fan, but as an outsider maybe I can offer some objective insight. 

Have you noticed that the Angels have gotten worse every year since they brought Trout to the majors?  Second place when they first brought him up, if I recall.. Third place last year.  Fourth now. 

It might be time to trade him to the Rangers for David Murphy before they wind up in last place. 

I know, I know, it's risky trading players to a competitor in the same division, but hear me out.  This could be a good "change of scenery" move for both teams.  Look at how Wells is doing for the Yankees and how well Blanco Cahones is doing for the Angels organization, for example. 

Another hidden aspect of this trade proposal is the salary implication. I know Trout's salary has been a burr in Dipoto's saddle. Remember what a pain it was for Dipoto to increase Trout's salary $25,000 this year. Well, the Rangers might offer to take on half of Trout's salary which might please Dipoto and help tide the Angels over until the TV deal kicks in.  It's only going to get worse. Trout might be asking for another $500 or so next year. You wouldn't want that to get out of hand, right?

And what kind of signal would that send to Pujols and Hamilton if they paid Trout that much?  The might start asking for more money as well. Like maybe they might pressure Moreno for an extension. 

Anyway, food for thought.   

Let's consider this . . . uh, no!