• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Bitter Lesson From Seattle's Minimum Wage Hike

On 8/13/2016 at 7:59 AM, Stradling said:

Sure they make more money in less hours, but that more money they make is less valuable, so they make the same or less.

Strad, I know INO is way over minimum for its employees already, but does INO intend to raise pay to keep at the same level over minimum that it currently is?  It won't take long before the State's MW hits INO's entry level pay.

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

We have always paid better than minimum wage, I highly doubt that will ever change.  

Not sure if you guys can be competitive at $19-20 /hr. At the same time, if I could get $15 and take it easy at McDonalds I'm not sure $16 or $17 would make the extra work at INO worth it. If I'm working at INO and only making a dollar or two more than the McDonalds kids I'm not sure how lucky I feel to be making the money I am making. In turn I'm not sure just how great my customer service is going to be, or just how closely I'm going to inspect that bag and make sure I get that order right.

Weren't you guys paying $12/hr when the minimum wage was $7? At a $15 minimum that is almost $26 per hour to keep the same rate. 

No, we have been paying $12 an hour for about a year now.  We seem to do well in most areas paying a couple bucks more an hour than McDonalds.  One of the reasons for it is there is a bit of a stigma related to working at McDonalds (that I don't agree with) that doesn't exist at INO.  Also if you get a job at INO in about 6 months you will probably be getting about a dollar more an hour after a few raises.  Also, if you are inclined to go into management at one of the two places, well our 3rd managers make more than most managers at other restaurants.  We do have the ability to tell someone, hey if you become a store manager you will make somewhere between $120k- and "you don't want to know" a year.  Lastly, it has been my experience that people, like the you you described (not the real you) that come in with that attitude, well they don't last.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I just smile and know I don't risk my life each day at work and I'm paid like you should be paid.  That's good enough for me.  

While meanwhile selling fries to people that normally the U.N. gives to refugees. Would you guys PLEASE merge with wienerschnitzel just on a fries agreement?

48 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

While meanwhile selling fries to people that normally the U.N. gives to refugees. Would you guys PLEASE merge with wienerschnitzel just on a fries agreement?

Speaking of Wienerschnitzel...went there about three weeks ago because I hadn't gone there in a long time and I was looking for something different. The wife likes shakes and they have Tastee Freez, so I figured great, make one stop and I'm done. Wrong. I wound up at the only Wienerschnitzel location in Las Vegas with no ice cream machine.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Speaking of Wienerschnitzel...went there about three weeks ago because I hadn't gone there in a long time and I was looking for something different. The wife likes shakes and they have Tastee Freez, so I figured great, make one stop and I'm done. Wrong. I wound up at the only Wienerschnitzel location in Las Vegas with no ice cream machine.

Ive been toying with the idea of suing wienerschnitzel for making me fat, like smokers with big tobacco.....

....but i just cant....i love their product too much...best mountain dew on earth