• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Prince Fielder Career Over

nando714

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I concede on the better production part. Mainly, I'd just be stoked if this was the last season the team had Pujols. Ranger fans probably are sympathetic towards Fielder's career ending early but are also probably happy to get out from that commitment and whatever savings they end up getting out of it

If they can get out of the contract they are probably pretty stoked.  But he's been a worse signing that AP to date and if they end up paying half of what's left with insurance picking up the other half -- that gap widens.   Pretty sure Detroit is stoked too -- they were paying the Rangers 6 mil a year for the rest of his contract

3 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Yes but if Arte could get off the hook he would. 

Certainly, but you can probably bet he's happy he's not paying him 30 mil for 6-7 years as was ignorantly stated.

This is what happens when you only eat Vegetables.  @Tank

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

So in that case I'm sure Arte would prefer Albert playing and his contract than Fielder not playing and his contract.  

I guess it would depend on if the Rangers had insurance on his contract.  From past discussions on this board, I was under the impression that the Angels don't go the insurance route. 

So he hurt his neck playing baseball?  The multiple surgeries are from which incident on the field?  He medically can't play but will continue to collect his 25 million or whatever paycheck?  Does he even have to travel with the team?  Dress in a baseball uniform and go to every game and sit in the dugout?

Just now, beatlesrule said:

So he hurt his neck playing baseball?  The multiple surgeries are from which incident on the field?  He medically can't play but will continue to collect his 25 million or whatever paycheck?  Does he even have to travel with the team?  Dress in a baseball uniform and go to every game and sit in the dugout?

If he is not medically cleared to play he does not have to report. 

Shouldn't the Rangers be seeking 2nd and 3rd opinions?  Couldn't Prince just pay off a doctor to say he can't play?  I'm failing to understand when he hurt his neck and why he is still going to get paid when he's sitting at home drinking beer and eating Vegan food.

That's too bad for Fielder he put up some solid seasons for the Brewers and 2 pretty good years for the Tigers. I was interested in him coming here as a FA due to the lack of a left handed power hitter in our lineup at that time! We fixed it with Hamilton though...... ;)

But, to be done at 32 kind of sucks no matter who you are..... 

Roids, not so much just a big dude! Look at his pops. If you look at him even at a young age he was always the largest kid out there. I'm sure his size didn't help his neck, back and knees at all.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

This is what happens when you only eat Vegetables.  @Tank

I guess it would depend on if the Rangers had insurance on his contract.  From past discussions on this board, I was under the impression that the Angels don't go the insurance route. 

Fielder is not a healthy Vegetarian, to Fielder being Vegetarian means eating French Frys, Cheese Pizza's with 5 types of cheese, pasta with 5 cheeses, extra Naan bread with veggie indian food, lots of candy bars, ice cream, potato chips, nachos, baklava, falafels, doritos, etc which means he ends up taking in more calories.