• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Low Back Pain Pro's

6 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

if i tweak my shoulders or upper back from lifting, sometimes i'll grab a softball and lay/roll on that. 

The area that I tweak is my upper back near the left shoulder and it limits the range of motion in my neck and upper back.  I learned a few times ago that if it grabs to start stretching immediately which I imagine accomplishes the same as laying on a ball or roller and rolling it out.  It's amazing how much of a difference it makes for me to immediately start stretching it out.  

Yeah, I used to have a childs softball that I would roll on.......harder than a tennis ball, but not softer than a croque ball which is too much. I now have a foam ball which is close, but a bit harder than the kids softball.

Use it to release knots and roll out the gluten and hip abductors.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I have an update.

X-Ray shows straightening of the lower spine, causing muscle spasms. Got some muscle relaxers for the bedtime and start PT today. Taking a muscle relaxer before bed for the past 10 days or so has really helped. I feel a lot better. 

I rarely have lower back pain anymore, but battled it for years. 

Here's what I did to get rid of it for good. 

1. Lose stomach weight.

2. Before you get out of bed in the morning lay flat on your back and  bend your knees as far to your face as you can and hold it there. If you cannot, have your wife press up against your legs to push your knees as far forward as she can and hold it there. Repeat 2-3 times. 

3. Do stomach exercises (leg raises especially).

4. Do rows at the gym. Focus on your lower back muscles when you bring it in. Also, do back bends.

5. Do not slouch in your chair at work. Sit straight up or stand if you have a desk that raises. Slouching puts strain on your lower back muscles. 

6. Foam rollers work great. Like @mrwicked said, if you focus on your ass muscles, hamstrings and hips that helps more than on your lower back. 

7. Have your doctor prescribe a bottle of 800 mg Naproxen, muscle relaxers & Oxy (25 mg). Use initially to relieve pain.

8. Have your wife massage your back, ass muscles and hamstrings. 

9. ICE. ICE. ICE. No Ice and Heat, or just heat, JUST ICE! I cannot stress that enough. Put the ice packs on the area that hurts on your lower back. 

10. Bend over correctly when picking stuff up, including your kids. 

Hope that helps, @Adam

I've battled lower back pain for years up until a two years ago. That said, if it ever does come back I know how to handle it quickly. 

10 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

You lost me at #2; there's no effing way my wife is gonna get up at the same time I get up. 

And what is this gym you speak of?  I've seen others talk about this, and I vaguely recall something like this from my past, but goddamn little kids. 

Ha. It doesn't have to be in the morning. It can be at night too. :)

As far as the gym, I was you 2 years ago. The last time before I start hitting the gym again was in the 90's. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Ha. It doesn't have to be in the morning. It can be at night too. :)

As far as the gym, I was you 2 years ago. The last time before I start hitting the gym again was in the 90's. 

But at night she has to be naked, right?  That way spooning leads to forking?