• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Napoli

I said Napoli would get some MVP consideration and I stand by that. Some are reacting as if I said he is a lock. I'd probably rank in order of AL MVP candidates as

1. Altuve

2. Donaldson

3. Betts

4. Machado

5. Ortiz

6. Trumbo

7. Cabrera

8. Trout

9. Napoli

10. Encarnacion 

11. Happ

30 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I said Napoli would get some MVP consideration and I stand by that. Some are reacting as if I said he is a lock. I'd probably rank in order of AL MVP candidates as

1. Altuve

2. Donaldson

3. Betts

4. Machado

5. Ortiz

6. Trumbo

7. Cabrera

8. Trout

9. Napoli

10. Encarnacion 

11. Happ

So the AL leader in WAR is ranked 8th...sure, makes sense

29 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Very rare a MVP comes from a non-playoff team let alone a team in last. 

Altuve, Donaldson, and Machado are probably your leaders at this point.  Ortiz has been an offensive force but, as a DH, is one dimensional.  I can, however, see him as a "dark horse" candidate due to the retirement angle and the overall idiocy of the East Coast media.   Betts has been among the best and has being on the East coast in his favor, he's just outside those three.  Honestly, though I don't think Trumbo or Napoli will even be in the discussion.

Still, Trout has been the best of them but won't get consideration because Angels' pitchers are injured.  Hopefully, one of these days the new school writers get more influence over the voting as the old school guys retire so individual performance is tied less to team performance.  Kind of like what happened when Felix won the Cy Young despite posting only a 13-12 win-loss record.

13 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

1. Altuve

2. Donaldson

3. Betts

4. Machado

5. Ortiz

6. Trumbo

7. Cabrera

8. Trout

9. Napoli

10. Encarnacion 

11. Happ

lol. Trout has been worth 5.8 wins more than Trumbo and has been better than everyone on your list, in most cases by a lot.

11 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

lol. Trout has been worth 5.8 wins more than Trumbo and has been better than everyone on your list, in most cases by a lot.

Again, very rare a MVP comes from a non-playoff team let alone a team in last. I think AROD did on the Rangers but he also hit close to 50 hr. 

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Still, Trout has been the best of them but won't get consideration because Angels' pitchers are injured.

Exactly.  Why the Angels must keep Scioscia steering the ship.  Except for some injuries the last place, losers of 7 straight, competing for the worst record in MLB Angels would be kicking ass.