• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

A Rod to announce retirement?

28 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Don't the Yanks have to pay him some kind of bonus for hitting 700 or are his bonuses set up for passing people on the HR list? Can't remember.

Not 700. They would have to pay him $6M for reaching 714, 755, 762, and 763. He wouldn't reach 714 this year, but would next. All of the other milestones are out of reach, unless you started juicing again.

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not 700. They would have to pay him $6M for reaching 714, 755, 762, and 763. He wouldn't reach 714 this year, but would next. All of the other milestones are out of reach, unless you started juicing again.

or if he goes the Julio Franco route of playing as Pinch Hitter/Utility guy for the next 10+ years & retires at 50+

Depends what you deem the "steroid era." According to that article, they were officially banned in 1991 but it wasn't until 2003 that the league began to test regularly for PEDs, so you could say that 1991-2003 was the "steroids era" - even though they were used before and after (and quite widely in the 80s).

Offense was historically inflated from around 1993 to 2009, so we could also look at that period.

My favorite memory of A-Rod is the last time I saw him in person in a game.

Oakland vs the Yankees at the Coliseum, in 2009 as I recall. He came up in the 4th inning with the bases loaded and one out, and grounded out to the pitcher for an inning-ending double play, home to first. Yankees ended up losing a close game. 

On August 7, 2016 at 7:22 AM, CALZONE said:

He will be following Tex out the door. I'm pretty sure a buyout was negotiated. The Yankees are going through a rebuild with youth movement so A-Rod had to go. 

He's going to retire soon but stay with the club as an advisor.

A rebuild isn't in their DNA

On August 7, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Stradling said:

I don't really mean to be callous but have you seen the comments from Cashman a couple years ago?  The relationship between him and the team has been shit for years, and it's all his doing.  If you want to see how his teammates feels about him watch the highlight of his 3,000th hit, it's pretty telling. 

Hal Steinbrenner today, in a long interview with MK, said he envisions Arod with the team as an advisor long after deal is over. He also said monument park is a possibility.  Don't think the hate is there.  Also tickets shot through the roof after he a announced his last game.