• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What would make you excited about the Angels again?

On 8/3/2016 at 2:45 PM, mtangelsfan said:

As far as Sosh goes.  It really depends on who replaces him.  To say one thing without the other is foolish.

No it doesn't/isn't. 

Dump the two 10yr contracts, bring in the kids.  If a team is going to wallow in the cellar I'd much rather watch a team with youth and energy guided by an enthusiastic manager who isn't so anxious to turn the page than one with too many comfy vets past their prime.

36 minutes ago, 70runner said:

No it doesn't/isn't. 

Dump the two 10yr contracts, bring in the kids.  If a team is going to wallow in the cellar I'd much rather watch a team with youth and energy guided by an enthusiastic manager who isn't so anxious to turn the page than one with too many comfy vets past their prime.

Ok, cool.  

Arte selling to an entertaining owner - a guy that runs his mouth a little, a fanatical baseball fan, and a guy very loyal to OC.  

A new stadium on the Orangewood State college corner, and Joe Maddon at the helm, with Trout signed for 10 yrs.

Have we scraped up enough money to make a formal offer from Aw.com LLC?  

I still get excited watching this team play, there are certain days where I am more excited (When Shoe or Skaggs start), but what I love about baseball is that on any given day everything can come together even for a "terrible" team. Maybe my point of view has to do with the fact that I live pretty far from So Cal these days,

I still have the same frustrations as everyone else does, and still cussed out Street for blowing the save the other day (and was secretly glad that he went on the DL), and I am pissed we traded Santiago for another Hispanic Joe Blanton, but I still look forward to watch as many Angels games as possible, even if my expectations are low this season.

I haven't lost my excitement for my favorite baseball team, I am just disappointed in how the organization is being run currently.

11 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Who would fulfill all the different roles? Stradling could be the cheerleader color commentator, CALZONE could be the Pujols milestone tracker/promoter, and notti could be one of the douche security goons in yellow shirts.

What would I be?

I'd be the announcer and @tdawg87 would be the color commentator so we could hear some awesome one liners.  @Lou would run our department of hindsight.  @Adam would be our department of Mexicans.  @Chuckster70 Would run the clubhouse, to make sure they all the couches were shit free.  

On 8/6/2016 at 9:43 AM, Stradling said:

I think Arte should read this thread so he can cater the product to people who hardly consume it yet spend a lot of time talking about it on the Internet.  That would be tits.  

I think he should probably improve the product to attract people who aren't currently consuming. But I'm not a business genius.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-mailbag-20160808-snap-htmlstory.html

I'd be more excited with the Angels if we heard from Arte.  This mailbag article says he's displeased with Angels coverage yet won't talk to the Times.  He's apparently not the ball of fire he was during the first several years behind the wheel.  He used to check in with us from time to time, was personable, friendly, honest, and sounded substantive.  I know he's the owner but I appreciated the occasional shout out.

It's not good for the fans for their team to be run behind the curtain in Wizard of Oz fashion

Hey Arte, remember me, the 50 year fan?

Arte:  

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, Vladdylonglegs said:

Who would fulfill all the different roles? Stradling could be the cheerleader color commentator, CALZONE could be the Pujols milestone tracker/promoter, and notti could be one of the douche security goons in yellow shirts.

What would I be?

Not allowed within 100 yards.

Artie tried the Steinbrenner/Lurie recipe and it failed.  So, the Angels are stuck for several years.  I don't care who the manager is, if you inherit a sack of turds, you still have a sack of turds.  If the starting pitching didn't have the injuries, this team would have a dozen (maybe) more wins, but still a .500 type team.

It's going to take patience and a St. Louis/Astros/Royals approach to re-building a team.  The organization is a few years away from seriously competing again.