• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/31 Angels vs. Red Sox

6 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Scioscia said Bedrosian will not replace Street as the closer yet.

It takes a complete organizational effort to stay in last place. This season is no illusion and maybe just the beginning.

1 hour ago, Angels_Baseball said:

What a shitshow. Skaggs dominated today and the bullpen locked it down until Street came in. Street looks toast. Best hope is he turns it around by the time the 2017 deadline rolls around and the team can trade him for anything useful. 

5 1/3 is not dominating. It was a good outing but he didn't pitch as well as his last game.  

Street is done.  

Not sure how we are blaming MS for this and why it even matters.  We are pretty much done for the season folks.  Street could have value on the trade market if he were to perform well so you don't pull him mid game for someone else when he's got two out and two runners on.  And you don't demote him from the closer's role.  You do what you can to afford him every opportunity to find his way back to form if it's possible.  It's an unfortunate luxury we have right now.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Street is done.  

Not sure how we are blaming MS for this and why it even matters.  We are pretty much done for the season folks.  Street could have value on the trade market if he were to perform well so you don't pull him mid game for someone else when he's got two out and two runners on.  And you don't demote him from the closer's role.  You do what you can to afford him every opportunity to find his way back to form if it's possible.  It's an unfortunate luxury we have right now.  

Street would probably go unclaimed on waivers now, right? Two weeks ago I would have said 5 or 6 teams would still claim him. Now they would be crazy to do that.

It's time for Bedrosian to close though. It might help winning now (not that it really matters) but getting him in the closer role and having him do well there increases our chances of getting a Giles-type haul for him at some point in the next year.

57 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Street would probably go unclaimed on waivers now, right? Two weeks ago I would have said 5 or 6 teams would still claim him. Now they would be crazy to do that.

It's time for Bedrosian to close though. It might help winning now (not that it really matters) but getting him in the closer role and having him do well there increases our chances of getting a Giles-type haul for him at some point in the next year.

I agree he'd go unclaimed.  But leaving Street in there to find himself and re-establish his value so he's tradeable at the next deadline with only a few mill left on his deal would be better for the team long term.  Bedrock is establishing himself as a dominant back end arm.  His value doesn't increase much in trade if the the last guy out or the 8th inning guy.   If he does find his way into that role though, I think we'll keep him anyway.  

3 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

We know what you're thinking though.

That is he not perfect but the best manager this team has ever had?  Ok, I own that.  I also own that if he was no longer here I would be fine with that as well.  He just gets a ton of blame and absolutely no credit by people on here which is stupid, but whatever.  It's pretty easy to place the blame on someone when you don't have all the facts, it's ignorant but it is indeed easy.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I agree he'd go unclaimed.  But leaving Street in there to find himself and re-establish his value so he's tradeable at the next deadline with only a few mill left on his deal would be better for the team long term.  Bedrock is establishing himself as a dominant back end arm.  His value doesn't increase much in trade if the the last guy out or the 8th inning guy.   If he does find his way into that role though, I think we'll keep him anyway.  

I agree in theory. But at some point it will become so obvious he won't re-establish his value because he's done. We might well be at that point now. Either way, we can probably find out with him working mop up duty for awhile and promoting him up the chain when and if his performance warrants it.

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If Street doesn't get better fast or he has another game like today, I'm not sure you do that to your team.  I'm wondering if he is either too injured to pitch or no longer capable of filling the closer role.