• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/30 Angels vs. Red Sox: No Calhoun, Marte batting 4th

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

So let's trade everyone not named Trout and start from scratch in 3-5 years . This team is far from competing .

btw LTBU

Show me where guys want to trade for players that are 3-5 years from contributing. 

19 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

CY Newcomb 5-7 4.44 era 1.43 whip

Cy Ellis 10-6 3.88 era 1.34 whip

Neither could help the team right now.  Eppler will trade for SP depth and will still have Simmons.  Calm yourselves.

It's a losing battle with the pretend GM's here. Personally , I wouldn't  let them be GM for a Little League team.

You have to admit .., they're relentless. 

I don't understand how there are two sides to the argument, with both having legitimate claims, yet only one side is trolling.

I, for one, am happy we have Simmons here for at least 5 years on a good contract.  The prospects wouldn't help us now. The way they're pitching, it doesn't look like they would have been any help next year either. I don't see both of them becoming real good starters in the majors. With luck, one MAY become a #2/3 SP. Getting a player like Simmons, who is a freak @ shortstop, for that is a win. 

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't understand how there are two sides to the argument, with both having legitimate claims, yet only one side is trolling.

I, for one, am happy we have Simmons here for at least 5 years on a good contract.  The prospects wouldn't help us now. The way they're pitching, it doesn't look like they would have been any help next year either. I don't see both of them becoming real good starters in the majors. With luck, one MAY become a #2/3 SP. Getting a player like Simmons, who is a freak @ shortstop, for that is a win. 

You can have a different side to the argument without trolling. I disagree with everything you just said - very strongly - and think you're looking at it in a way that's totally wrong but you're not 'trolling' by having that opinion. Beatlesrule was making Troll Daddy look rational, however. That's how you troll.

remember, we also had no shortstop in the system that can play at a major league level. we now have one of, if not the, very best in MLB.  

let's say the deal wasn't made. who is our shortstop, not only presently, but in the future, as well?

This is where OZ and Tdawg stumble over their dicks with no sensible response. If you are rebuilding the team to compete in another two years you have to have a solid middle infield. Simmons is that guy you spend currency for. Putting your head in the sand and keep repeating pitching depth by ignoring organizational depth in other positions is just plain trolling.

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is where OZ and Tdawg stumble over their dicks with no sensible response. If you are rebuilding the team to compete in another two years you have to have a solid middle infield. Simmons is that guy you spend currency for. Putting your head in the sand and keep repeating pitching depth by ignoring organizational depth in other positions is just plain trolling.

I don't even know what any of this means. Coming from a guy who recently spoke about our "surplus" of pitching, that's hardly surprising.

52 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I don't even know what any of this means. Coming from a guy who recently spoke about our "surplus" of pitching, that's hardly surprising.

Of course you don't understand what I wrote because you can't back down from your position that trading those two guys for Simmons was a very solid move by the Angels. That and tossing out statements about something I never said shows you are just trolling. 

Your answer was just feeding Oz and Twdag's bullshit. Yeah, the pitching surplus evaporated but no GM is going to foresee 5 starters going down, three for an entire season or more.

So to try and be revisionist with the hindsight googles is bullshit. To think the trade wasn't good for the Angels in the long term is bullshit. Basically their entire argument is bullshit regardless if the entire organization of pitchers went down with a ligament tear, you have to work trades to improve the team and what happens following is what happens.

Regardless, those two guys are mired in AA and would be of lesser trade value this season as opposed to last November. Eppler sold high.

Advantage - Eppler.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Your answer was just feeding Oz and Twdag's bullshit. Yeah, the pitching surplus evaporated but no GM is going to foresee 5 starters going down, three for an entire season or more.

So to try and be revisionist with the hindsight googles is bullshit. To think the trade wasn't good for the Angels in the long term is bullshit. Basically their entire argument is bullshit regardless if the entire organization of pitchers went down with a ligament tear, you have to work trades to improve the team and what happens following is what happens.

Regardless, those two guys are mired in AA and would be of lesser trade value this season as opposed to last November. Eppler sold high.

Advantage - Eppler.

If you say so.  I disagree but then again I'm capable of seeing two sides of things.  It's incredibly easy to see why someone wouldn't have liked the trade at the time, even though I was and am for the trade.  I've seen nothing from Simmons that would change my opinion that getting him is huge.