• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/30 Angels vs. Red Sox: No Calhoun, Marte batting 4th

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yeah it really stinks that Simmons isn't that close to the majors either.  It's too bad we can't trade Shoemaker or Santiago or Smith or Street or Gia or Calhoun or Salas or Escobar for pitching depth. It's a damned shame the Angels have been banned from making trades.

we could trade some of our major league shortstop depth, too 

Just now, beatlesrule said:

We'd still have 3 pitchers if Aybar was still on the team. BTW,  go look up Aybar's stats.

Pitching depth is not important. You really only need 4-5 pitchers at most. Having young pitchers on the cusp of the Majors is more of a luxury, not really a need.

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I know what pitching depth is.  Depth is no good if they are not ready to help the big league club if needed.  Just because they are farther ahead of our other scrubs don't mean they can help.  And if we had those two in the minors for depth we would have Aybar and Baloquin (sp?) At SS.

I agree with you about the two "Cys" in the Braves system. Newcomb is still scuffling at AA. He walks a lot of hitters. Baldoquin is listed as a farm system "dud" on one of the other Angels fan sites.

So crazy we had eight major league tested SPs at the start of spring and only four of them are still in action. One of them having just made one start, and the other barely getting by. 

That alone should speak to how much we need to emphasize acquiring SPs right now. 

I would keep a close watch on any SPs DFA'ed over next couple of days, like Josh Collmenter, as it wouldn't surprise me to see us nab one or two to stash in AAA or use in the pen once Smith/Street is dealt or  Alvarez/Salas cut.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Have any of you actually looked up the numbers for the Cy Young Award winners we traded away?   You have no argument.  Not to mention how bad Aybar has been.

Oh, well that settles it then. This guys says there is "no argument". Because, you know, there would be no benefit in having a single young starter with any talent in the minor league system.

1 minute ago, Oz27 said:

Oh, well that settles it then. This guys says there is "no argument". Because, you know, there would be no benefit in having a single young starter with any talent in the minor league system.

Lol at this team without Simmons saving run after run with his elite defense and .285 average.

It's fine that you would rather have Aybar and 2 prospects years away from helping the major leauge club.  I'm very glad Eppler disagreed with you.