• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mark Trumbo reunion anyone?

Chuck

28 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I love Trumbo, and I love his moon shots, but am glad to see him doing well on other teams, so I'd prefer he stay that way.

If we bring him back here, he will probably suck.

Time to move on.

He's basically replacement level now, so yea, away from that bandbox he'd be worse. 

Again, Trumbo is literally the same hitter. His numbers are inflated by the AL East. His OPS+ being the same as Cron is pretty telling.

I wouldn't mind having him back for shits and giggles but someone is going to pay him way, way more than he's worth. We already have Cron for league minimum. Between him and Marte we'll get the same production.

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

So how many career home runs do you think Mike Trout would have if he began his career with the Orioles?

well if we are making predictions to propagate our narrative or just making shit up then I think he'd have one.  The o's had a chance to take him with the 5th overall pick and passed taking Matt Hobgood.  Trout would have been selected by the Yankees who after viewing his medicals cause a contract dispute because of questionable damage to his knee.  Trout would have gone to East Carolina State instead of signing.  He would have helped them reach the CWS in 2011 and 2012 but in the last game of the season he would blow out his knee making a diving catch to preserve a national championship for the ECU pirates.  He had already been selected as the first pick overall by the Astros that year but because of his blown out knee, a major contract dispute occurs again and he opts to stay at ECU for his final season and not to sign.  He struggles to recover from the knee injury and plays no games for the Pirates that year.  His speed is significantly affected and it wrecks his confidence.  He gets taken by Baltimore in the 10th round of the 2013 draft and doesn't play his first game in pro ball until age 22 in rookie league 2014.  He does well in his first couple of years and gets a late september call up this year.  He hit his first major league HR about a week ago as a late game sub in a 14-2 win but he slipped on home plate and re-injured his surgically repaired knee.  So there you go.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

well if we are making predictions to propagate our narrative or just making shit up then I think he'd have one.  The o's had a chance to take him with the 5th overall pick and passed taking Matt Hobgood.  Trout would have been selected by the Yankees who after viewing his medicals cause a contract dispute because of questionable damage to his knee.  Trout would have gone to East Carolina State instead of signing.  He would have helped them reach the CWS in 2011 and 2012 but in the last game of the season he would blow out his knee making a diving catch to preserve a national championship for the ECU pirates.  He had already been selected as the first pick overall by the Astros that year but because of his blown out knee, a major contract dispute occurs again and he opts to stay at ECU for his final season and not to sign.  He struggles to recover from the knee injury and plays no games for the Pirates that year.  His speed is significantly affected and it wrecks his confidence.  He gets taken by Baltimore in the 10th round of the 2013 draft and doesn't play his first game in pro ball until age 22 in rookie league 2014.  He does well in his first couple of years and gets a late september call up this year.  He hit his first major league HR about a week ago as a late game sub in a 14-2 win but he slipped on home plate and re-injured his surgically repaired knee.  So there you go.  

LOL, .....but it could have happened.  Being good isn't enough, there is a lot of luck involved.

4 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Why do you say that?

Because that's who he is and that's what he was in LAA.  Dude is the ultimate one trick pony.  No speed, can't play D at any position, doesn't walk and doesn't hit for average. He is a one tool player.  The last season and a half with the Angels before he was traded he had a sub-.700 OPS.  Dipoto got two cost controlled pitchers for him...quite possibly his best trade

15 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

He's one year removed from a terrible season with the Mariners. Proceed with caution.

Actually with the Mariners he quietly came back around. His first half with Arizona was ugly, but he was also coming back from injury. His second half was unnoticed but pretty solid...solid enough that he ended with almost identical numbers to calhoun.

Trumbo is a 1B playing outfield. It's partially a result of going places that want his bat but already have a 1B. His defense in the outfield is poor, but at 1B he'd be fine. I think in FA he'll end up somewhere either as a 1B or DH.

I know they like him in Baltimore, but I'm betting with the Davis deal, they have to shut their wallet for the upcoming machado mega deal. Texas makes sense for trumbo. Maybe Cincinnati, maybe Toronto to replace bautista/encarnacion. Even Boston/NY. Bottom line, he won't get some mega deal by any stretch, but I think there's definitely a market out there for him, and he'll get paid.