• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mark Trumbo reunion anyone?

Chuck

Even with Reddick's limitations, we really need to consider him even if it's an overpay. Two straight seasons of a .575 OPS in LF is unforgivable. Adding Reddick and maybe a UT bat like Pearce who mashes lefties (or Marte if he sticks) would be worth the cost to upgrade that position. 

47 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

another thing to consider is if these prize free agents in 2018 dont get locked up before then.

You really think it's a good idea to spend $25-30M for each so called prize free agent(s) ... when we have two big contracts on the books now?

This team doesn't need superstars ... just good f**king players! 

3 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

You really think it's a good idea to spend $25-30M for each so called prize free agent(s) ... when we have two big contracts on the books now?

This team doesn't need superstars ... just good f**king players! 

what good f**king players are out there that are cheap on the free agent market again?

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

what good f**king players are out there that are cheap on the free agent market again?

Well you're right .., nothing on the free agent market will be cheap ... but the talent is out there. Just have to find something in between that's affordable ... $5-15M per year?

Five/20M plus contracts should be avoided. 

54 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If we have a protected pick, I'd be totally cool using that to our advantage and signing one of (in no order) Reddick, Desmond, Cespedes, Saunders, even Ramos or Wieters (though not the route I would take) not to mention a whole host of mid tier options that would be a reasonable pick-up without much commitment in terms of money or years. Valbuena, Fister, Jay, Gomez, Coghlan, Prado, Pearce, Walker, Gutierrez. Not anyone who is going to turn us around on paper into a contender, but plenty of guys who are capable of putting up a solid year. 

The FA class isn't as barren as some folks are making it out to be. Free agency is still risky as hell, but there's a lot of intriguing guys who shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Guys who also fit into a 'retool' plan by being able to be dealt at next year's deadline.

I love me some Tumbombs.

But, post all star, 65 AB, 3 runs, 11 hits, 2 HR, .169/.217/.323/.540.  Ouch.

And to be fair.  Machado and the rest of the Orioles aren't doing much either.  Machado is a .699 OPS since the AS Break.  Davis has a .389 OPS since the break.  Schoop a .619.  Post all Star, the Orioles have a team OPS of .608, which is second worse in the MLB.

On July 25, 2016 at 6:18 PM, totdprods said:

Even with Reddick's limitations, we really need to consider him even if it's an overpay. Two straight seasons of a .575 OPS in LF is unforgivable. Adding Reddick and maybe a UT bat like Pearce who mashes lefties (or Marte if he sticks) would be worth the cost to upgrade that position. 

The Dodgers traded for him as we know ... does this mean that Reddick will not have a draft pick attached to him?

anyone?

On 7/25/2016 at 9:27 PM, Troll Daddy said:

....This team doesn't need superstars ... just good f**king players! 

Agreed....and to a large extent, you need to grow your own good players....and we don't appear to have that as part of the equation in place right now.....so we need to think outside the box....making dumb trades isn't my idea of outside the box thinking but that's just me....

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

No draft pick is attached to Reddick, because of the mid-season trade.   Still, the total absence of hitting vs LHP concerns me.   Could be paying 4-5 years/$80-100 million for a guy only getting around 450 at bats/season.

......wells....hamilton...gmj....nava...joyce...

What you speak of sounds like a step in the right direction!

(Gets in bath with toaster and 50 years under the halo book)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Cron and Trumbo have matching 118 OPS+

If he was out west still, he'd be having a fairly average year I'd bet.

I kinda agree with this. If you play on a suck team you're usually going to suck along with the rest. 

So I also believe that if Trout played for the Orioles this season his current numbers would be like .325 / 32hrs / 95rbi's / 1.155ops

Im sure Trout knows that his current years with the Angels and the stadium are hurting his long term career numbers. 

Stadiums do make a difference. Some will say that Trout doesn't care about numbers but when he's 35-36 and chasing guys like Willie Mays for all time homeruns, Anaheim will have played a big part. Trout knows this.

As for Trumbo, the Angels displaced him with the signing of Pujols. After a great Roy-2 he was told to move over and give Albert some space. Local kid that got his confidence crushed by his own team. I'm very happy that he's put it all behind him and is crushing the AL East. Maybe someone else is watching.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 9:27 AM, CALZONE said:

I kinda agree with this. If you play on a suck team you're usually going to suck along with the rest. 

So I also believe that if Trout played for the Orioles this season his current numbers would be like .325 / 32hrs / 95rbi's / 1.155ops

Im sure Trout knows that his current years with the Angels and the stadium are hurting his long term career numbers. 

Stadiums do make a difference. Some will say that Trout doesn't care about numbers but when he's 35-36 and chasing guys like Willie Mays for all time homeruns, Anaheim will have played a big part. Trout knows this.

As for Trumbo, the Angels displaced him with the signing of Pujols. After a great Roy-2 he was told to move over and give Albert some space. Local kid that got his confidence crushed by his own team. I'm very happy that he's put it all behind him and is crushing the AL East. Maybe someone else is watching.

Lol

All you need here is a mention of Arte "learning his lesson" and you've got a Wapner Grand Slam.