• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Astros 7/24 11:10

ANGELS_0.PNG
Angels 
Lineup 7/24

11:10 PST
LAA:Tim Lincecum (R) (2-3, 6.59)

HOU:Mike Fiers (R) (6-4, 4.75)

1. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
2. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Daniel Nava (S) LF
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Ji-Man Choi (L) 1B
8. Jett Bandy (R) C
9. Gregorio Petit (R) 2B

1. George Springer (R) DH
2. Marwin Gonzalez (S) 1B
3. Jose Altuve (R) 2B
4. Carlos Correa (R) SS
5. Luis Valbuena (L) 3B
6. Evan Gattis (R) C
7. Colby Rasmus (L) RF
8. Carlos Gomez (R) CF
9. Preston Tucker (L) LF

By the way, the more I watch Escobar "play" third the more I miss David Freese playing third.  I know this is anecdotel but he seems to have the worst instincts on plays where he has to make a decision.  He seems fine at plays where he just has to react but if he has to put some thought or make a quick decision on whether to charge for a bunt or stay at third, yea, he is clueless.  

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

By the way, the more I watch Escobar "play" third the more I miss David Freese playing third.  I know this is anecdotel but he seems to have the worst instincts on plays where he has to make a decision.  He seems fine at plays where he just has to react but if he has to put some thought or make a quick decision on whether to charge for a bunt or stay at third, yea, he is clueless.  

Didn't you say you wanted to keep him at 3rd all year over Cowart?

10 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Didn't you say you wanted to keep him at 3rd all year over Cowart?

No you have me confused with someone else.  I'm the one that said I'd like him to lead off and DH/1st base especially while Cron is on the DL and that Cowart provides the same value as Escobar but with his defense.  

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Escobar is suspect on defense however his bat at the top of the order has been really good. 

At this point Escobar is clearly not the Angels problem. I would though like to see Cowart be given a shot at third to see if he's really turned the corner, but we need Escobar's bat leading off and Albert is likely to see most of his time at DH..so?

14 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Go Halos!

Hopefully Timmy can lower that 6.59 ERA today because he's about to pitch his way out of the rotation if he continues on the same path.

Yeah, this start and the next one are the two big steps for him to climb.  It won't be an easy one because he's got a hot Houston and Boston.  

57 minutes ago, Stradling said:

David Freese is a good club house leader as well.  I was listening to Clint Hurdle talk about him at Pittsburgh, he loves the guy.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Thinking & Escobar

oil & water

29 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Escobar is suspect on defense however his bat at the top of the order has been really good. 

At this point Escobar is clearly not the Angels problem. I would though like to see Cowart be given a shot at third to see if he's really turned the corner, but we need Escobar's bat leading off and Albert is likely to see most of his time at DH..so?

LEFT FIELD!

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

that's because he an idiot.  

GO ANGELS!!!! Go Tim Lincecum!!!

Yes, Go Timmy!!! Go get a win, avert another Astros sweep, at least pitch respectably, or just go.

29 posts in Saturday's GDT. Interest appears to be waning, although there has been more Sunday action here. So maybe it's too hot to be outside today.

Go Angels. Is this the earliest the Angels have lost a 19-game season series? Eight left against the 'Stros. Win all eight and you only lose the series 9-10, but I suspect it could end up 1-18.