• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Chris Sale was sent home from U.S. Cellular Field after cutting up throwback jerseys that he did not want to wear

Chuck

Also, Sale stood up for his teammate in Chicago, and he was standing up for what he believed to be right in this case (whether he was right in the grand scheme of it all or not). To me, that's a man who regardless of money is driven by his convictions and moral compass. I'd gladly welcome him onto this team (yeah his pitching talent has a lot to do with that).

50 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Also, Sale stood up for his teammate in Chicago, and he was standing up for what he believed to be right in this case (whether he was right in the grand scheme of it all or not). To me, that's a man who regardless of money is driven by his convictions and moral compass. I'd gladly welcome him onto this team (yeah his pitching talent has a lot to do with that).

Well, I would agree with you up to the point where he cut up the uni's. That sounds more like the antics of a 14 yr. old teenage drama queen.

5 hours ago, cezero said:

I wish I were in your military. 

I wore 3-4 dress uniforms per day for ceremonies for 4 years, and they were not comfortable.

Fatigues/cammies were great, though.  We didn't get to wear them very often, though, lol.  

I dug the Navy's old bell bottom dungarees.  Our dress uniforms weren't any better though.  Whites were slick, but you were always worried they would get dirty.  The blues itched.  

14 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Truth be told, I was most uncomfortable in our PT gear. I had the upper half to rock the skivvy shirt like any other marine, but not gonna lie, I've got woman legs. They're too pretty to be a man's and I was made fun of mercilessly.

As for the dress and service uni's, the only thing that really bothered me were the shirt stays. I hardly ever wore them, was deployed most of the time, but the new desert boots were clunkers compared to the older, thinner ones. I traded them out. I was actually out of regulation, but no one in our command cared. 

Silkys! Dude, those green silkys would get made fun of by nba players in the 80s, haha. I dont think larry bird showed as much tanless thigh as a one legged lance corporal from ohio 

I still shake my head at this young generation who got the moon boots. I tell stories of shining boots and look like an old man.

14 hours ago, cezero said:

I would've joined the air force if I hadn't been in such a bad place. And not just for getting to wear jammies to work. 

I never considered the air force...until i was already a jarhead, and ran into a high school buddy who joined the air force..who explained why join something to get yelled at, when he could go somewhere chill with women and better facilities, for the same pay

Perspective and hindsight..

33 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I never considered the air force...until i was already a jarhead, and ran into a high school buddy who joined the air force..who explained why join something to get yelled at, when he could go somewhere chill with women and better facilities, for the same pay

Perspective and hindsight..

I rocked the silkies like most others did.  Another embarrassing moment, after boot camp I bought the same PT outfit as my drill instructors, all shiny gold and red (I didn't realize that in the fleet, green on green was still a req).  I came home shortly before MOS school and was running and working out in that garb.  So motivated. 

And as for AF....I'm with you.  I never realized I should have joined the Air Force until I was in Oki and a friend from high school was there too.  I saw his barracks room and the girls......and the Chili's restaurant.....and the pool.....and the pizza hut....  I knew then that I could've made a better choice.  And you'd think being a marine that all the AF girls would be into you except they aren't.  They think marines are smelly buttholes.....so I guess they were right lol.

I also noticed, all my friends from high school that went AF got huge like they were on steroids.  It was at that moment that I realized that they literally have nothing better to do during the day than workout.  All us marines were lean, squirrely little guys with an attitude. 

I followed the White Sox in the 1960s and through about 1980. I attended a series at Comiskey Park against the Royals in 1978, and these were the home uniforms. The road uniforms were the same style, except that the shirts were the same color as the pants with white lettering.

16 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I followed the White Sox in the 1960s and through about 1980. I attended a series at Comiskey Park against the Royals in 1978, and these were the home uniforms. The road uniforms were the same style, except that the shirts were the same color as the pants with white lettering.

i'll admit i'm a bit partial to this uniform. a guy i grew up with (he lived right down the street from me) played with the chisox for a couple of years - mike colbern - as a catcher, and he came up in 78/79. this was the uniform he wore.

White-Sox-Prospects-(Ross-Baumgarten-Mik