• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tropeano has UCL Tear

ettin

45 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's not been having a lot of success getting AA hitters out of late.    But sure, tell yourself he could possibly make a difference.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=656794#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL

And in case you're wondering -- Chris Ellis has been a disaster in AAA.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=595939#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL    ERA near 9.00 in a pitcher's park and in the International league.

Plus Simmons has been hitting.  What's not to like about that trade?

Bummer but sadly not surprising. I didn't have a lot of confidence in Tropeano holding up over the long haul but it really is some insane bad luck that he, Richards, and Heaney are all going down within the same season. That's insanity

Angels need to wrap Shoemaker in bubble wrap and keep him stored in a hyperbaric chamber whenever he isn't on the mound pitching

40 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Either we have the most incompetent training staff, or the worst streak of bad luck imaginable.

Today, I hate baseball.

Tropeano made it to the majors and came to the Angels well after he had already developed his awful pitching mechanics. This isn't on the training staff/coaching. Pretty damn difficult to get a starter to overhaul their mechanics once they are already in the big leagues.

Sell, Sell, Sell......

Seriously, I don't give a crap what Eppler said, this team needs to rebuild with it's focus on 2018 or 19.  This year and next year have already gone down the toilet. 

Once 2018 rolls around, we'll have Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Tropeano and Shoemaker as a rotation, which is enough to contend and then some.  But without Richards, Heaney and Tropeano, we don't have enough, even if Santiago and Nate Smith pitch well. 

It's just bad luck. I remember folks laughing at the Rangers a couple years back when everyone over there was dropping like flies and getting Tommy John, and knew it was just a matter of time before it bit us. Only bright side is hopefully this is it, and it all happens at once, so we get everyone back around the same time.

1 minute ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Once 2018 rolls around, we'll have Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Tropeano and Shoemaker as a rotation, which is enough to contend and then some. . 

that's what people said about this year.

when your team is at the salary cap every year, you play to win now, not 2 and 3 years down the road. 

17 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Tropeano made it to the majors and came to the Angels well after he had already developed his awful pitching mechanics. This isn't on the training staff/coaching. Pretty damn difficult to get a starter to overhaul their mechanics once they are already in the big leagues.

I wonder if that worked into the Astros' decision to trade him. Pure speculation, obviously. The argument against that is predicting guys who will need TJ has proven to be an extremely difficult thing to do.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

that's what people said about this year.

when your team is at the salary cap every year, you play to win now, not 2 and 3 years down the road. 

So what do you do when you're at the salary cap and not good enough to contend? To me there is only one option.

I sometimes wondered why Trop would only go 5 innings, and had arm issues.  Could this part of it?  

He also said his arm was sore after warming up this game like it was after a game.   Should your arm be sore after a game?  Tired, yes, but sore?

1 hour ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

So we lose Tropeano and gain Jose Alvarez?

Man, Skaggs and Smith must be fuming. That guy is neither a starter, or good.

we don't need a starter right now. he's here in case we need an extra guy out of the pen. Bringing up skaggs or smith today would have made no sense at all

5 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Continued mediocrity is a great path to go down, right?

that's what winners do

won the division in 2014 and missed playoffs in 2015 by a single game.

Continued?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...

Another option is to do what you can to improve your team so you can win now. You know, like getting getting players like escobar, simmons, etc. Also having other players take a step up - like Bandy, Shoemaker, etc